Author Topic: Extension to Extension calls and Twinning  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Extension to Extension calls and Twinning
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:02:03 PM »
Guys,

We just cut the phone system over yesterday and the customer started using their twinning with the following results.

If they make an extension to extension call it is sent out to their cell phone with +1{DN}. For example of the originating callers DN is 2645 then the cell phone gets a call from +1-264-5.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to send the originating callers DID?

Another issue we had is when a call goes across the network, St. Louis to Kansas, the number sent to the cell is the BTN of the originating caller. For example a call from St. Louis would be 1-314-645-XXXX [BTN] instead of the originating callers DID.

Does anyone know of a way to get it to send the originating callers DID?

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Extension to Extension calls and Twinning
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »
I'm not a fan of sending the extension.  I would assume if this was turned off and the extension had a unique caller id. that would show for the internal. External can be made to show origininating caller id also

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 09:27:23 PM »
JohnP,

I am not a fan of sending the extension either, but I can't find a way to get it to send anything else. I tried to use the CPN Substitution field and the DID field of the user and filling in either of those made no difference.

Is there a way that you know of to turn off the sending the DN when they make an extension to extension call or since the phone only gets the originating callers DN that is all it can send out?

If an external call comes through it will propagate the originating caller ID as expected. Also if the user calls out it will send out their DID with the CPN Substitution so we are good there also. The only thing I was expecting was the issue with the extension to extension calling which doesn't happen on the MiVO-250.

Thanks,

TE

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 02:04:22 AM »
What kind of trunk are you using?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 07:50:14 AM »
petr.necas,

At the main location we have a PRI [ISDN], T-1 [E&M], and SIP Trunks. At remote locations we have another PRI and SIP Trunks.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 08:11:55 AM »
In the PRI options there is a setting that says something like "replace original caller ID".
I don't remember the exact phrase but you recognize it when you see it.
Tick it yes.

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Extension to Extension calls and Twinning [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »
[Solved]

I am not sure this will work every time, but this is what I found worked for my scenarios and hopefully will allow you to get in the ballpark if you are having the same problems.

Set Deskphone COS
Display Held Call ID on Transfer: Yes <- This is only if you want to send the Original Incoming Caller ID when Transfer the call to another DN.

Set EHDU COS
Hot Desk External User - Display Internal Calling ID: No <- This is only if you want to send the Originating DN's Caller ID instead of its DN to the Cell Phone.

Go to Trunks \ Digital \ ISDN \ ISDN Protocol
Set Enable Unknown TON\NP to Yes
Set Replace External CLID to No

Go to Trunks \ Digital \ ISDN \ Outgoing Call Characteristics \ DID Ranges for CPN Substitution
Setup all of the DID Ranges that will be used from all sources. In my case it was the Local PRI, the Remote PRI, and the SIP Trunks incoming DID Ranges.

Go to Trunks \ Digital \ ISDN \ Outgoing Call Characteristics \ CPN Substitution
Setup the Default Voice & Data CPN as the BTN or Main DID for the company
Add the previous DID Ranges as Members to the CPN Substitution

Now, anytime a call comes from one DN to another and they have an EHDU setup for them the originating DNs Caller ID will be sent out to the EHDU instead of their DN.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10