Author Topic: Quick forward to stored number  (Read 794 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Quick forward to stored number
« on: May 23, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
For the life of me this Inter-tel is so outdated and confusing. I have a user that has his cell number stored on one of the blank programmable keys on the right side of the phone unit. When he wants to forward his calls he presses FWD and said key which automatically populates his cell number on screen to forward. Obviously, this is just for convenience, rather than having to manually type his number in. Unfortunately, this was done prior to my employment here. He has asked me to do the same on our "Operator" phone which we use for Afterhours On-Call. He wants the On-Call number stored into the station so any user can just press FWD and then the programmed key for the outgoing On Call number rather than have to look it up and manually enter the number. I have tried programming it with speed dial (sys/stn) and this didn't work for me. Can anybody here tell me the steps to program the number in the button?

Thanks
Chris

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick forward to stored number
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:38:56 AM »
FirstSource,

The easiest thing to do is just to create a Station Speed Dial [Default FC: 383] and pick a BIN [0-9].

Program the BIN # with the phone number you want to use, but make sure you start it with the Outgoing Feature Code [Default FC: 8].

Next, select a User Programmable Key or Manually Program a button [Default FC: 397] and assign a Station Speed Dial [Default FC: 382] followed by the BIN # you programmed with the number.

To test it press the number and it should call out without needing to dial Outgoing or 8 prior to pressing it. Then try it with your Forward button and see if that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Re: Quick forward to stored number
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 08:40:06 AM »
FirstSource,

The easiest thing to do is just to create a Station Speed Dial [Default FC: 383] and pick a BIN [0-9].

Program the BIN # with the phone number you want to use, but make sure you start it with the Outgoing Feature Code [Default FC: 8].

Next, select a User Programmable Key or Manually Program a button [Default FC: 397] and assign a Station Speed Dial [Default FC: 382] followed by the BIN # you programmed with the number.

To test it press the number and it should call out without needing to dial Outgoing or 8 prior to pressing it. Then try it with your Forward button and see if that works for you.

Thanks,

TE

but make sure you start it with the Outgoing Feature Code [Default FC: 8]. <---this is what I was missing, thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10