Author Topic: Rules for Importing MultiLine Set Keys form  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Rules for Importing MultiLine Set Keys form
« on: May 21, 2017, 10:17:33 PM »
Guys,

What are the "rules" for importing forms? Every time I try to import the form it gets stuck at 7% and won't go any further no matter how long I wait. I assume that there are some rules as to what can and can't be changed, but the validation tool didn't show any problems.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rules for Importing MultiLine Set Keys form
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:54:45 PM »
Hi TE,

Normally for importing keys you delete the Multiline set keys and Directory Number section.
Delete all rows above "Programmable Keys" and then try your import again.

Should work, also remembering to keep the csv format.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 06:40:10 PM »
Sarond,

O.K. I tried that, but still had the same issue with it importing. I just went ahead and hand typed it all in, but I will keep that in mind for the next job. Apparently I am supposed to be the next 3300 guy for installation here; not looking good so far. :)

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 07:04:24 PM »
You may also find that copying keys from one to many a benefit. Import takes quite some time if doing all keys

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 07:43:39 AM »
JohnP,

I did use Copy Keys where I could, but for some buttons it doesn't work out so well. e.g. Personal Presence. I also noticed that there isn't a way to get the self-labeling to show the extension for a MultiCall Key so you I still needed to go in and hit each one to change those.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 09:48:38 AM »
TE,
I use the key import function all the time.  I've never used "personal presence" but I'm pretty sure that would work too.
I'm not sure what you mean about the labels on the MultiCall key.
One of the things I'll do is to program one phone with the keys I need via the GUI, export that phone only, then just copy & paste for the rest of them.

What type of phones are you doing this with?

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 07:31:49 PM »
Yes, there are keys that won't copy and the naming thing sucks. In cases like this I make the import for each the minimum. Just the keys changed, no others.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »
Guys,

Thanks for the information and I will continue to try and figure this out as I believe it will speed up a lot of programming. Things that I have learned so far.

1. Prime Line can now be labeled, but not through the Multiline Set Keys form. Any subsequent Multicall keys can be labeled through this form, but it has to be done manually for each phone.
2. Copying Multicall keys will auto-create them with the correct Directory Number, but you still need to manually change them as the original label is copied over as well.
2. DSS/BLF keys can not be moved around on the same phone; they have to be deleted first and then reprogrammed.
3. Personal Presence can be copied across multiple keymaps, but the DN has to be changed as it is brings in the original DN that is was copied from.

Ralph,

I am doing this all on the new 69xx series phones. The Prime DN key always shows up as My Phone by default and our standard is to change that to the DN along with a second multicall key which shows up as blank. The icons for the Prime DN and the second multicall key appear different as well, but there isn't a way to change that. As I stated before the Prime DN is pre-labeled with My Phone and the button is blue, but a second Multicall key has no label and the key is green.

I find that most of the color scheme is not very well thought out as blue means a toggled key is on and grey means it is off. The good thing for most of the toggled keys they also change the button to say On or Off as well. The Day/Night Mode button however is different in that it only changes color from blue to grey.

Thanks,

TE

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:16:44 PM »
Not impressed with the 69XX series phones. My deskset was changed and I think the handset sound sucks as compared to my old 5340

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 09:37:04 PM »
JohnP,

I can't say that I am a true fan either as the options for ringing are IMHO unnecessary and unprofessional. I do however like that you can change the ring tone to be different for External and Internal calls. I do not like that there is no way to predefine the default ring tone to one of the "standard" Mitel ring tones instead of the odd musical one it starts with.

I am not sure if the handset audio is better or worse than the 53xx series phones as I haven't used the handset yet, but I do however like the sound quality of the speakerphone.

Another thing I don't like is that users are able to change predefined keys and substitute their own speed call key; not good. I had one user remove their Call Forward, DND, Handoff, and Personal Presence keys and then sent in a trouble ticket that they weren't able to use those features.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10