Author Topic: Displaying caller's ID when rerouted back to the PSTN  (Read 1687 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Displaying caller's ID when rerouted back to the PSTN
« on: May 18, 2017, 01:28:06 PM »
Hi all, we have a customer with a SIP trunk who uses desk phones and mobile phones. Some users have desk phone and mobile, and some have just a mobile phone. Those who have deskphone have the calls rerouted to their mobile phones.

When somebody calls them they would like to see the callers ID on their mobile phones. That works perfectly for the deskphone users however for the mobile-only users I cannot set up the SIP trunk so that the original caller's ID is presented.

Here are more details:
1) For deskphone + mobile users in the outgoing INVITE request there is Diversion header that tells the trunk the call was diverted and P-Preferred-Identity header tells the trunk who is the original caller. Works perfectly.

2) Mobile only users have their "extension" as speed calls so when somebody calls them from PSTN the PBX is dialing the speed call back to the PSTN. The problem here is that PBX does not think the call was diverted so the Diversion header is not put into the outgoing INVITE request.

I solved this problem by inserting a simple proxy server between the PBX and MBG whose job is to insert the missing Diversion header. I wonder if there any way to program this in the PBX directly? Any ideas?

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying caller's ID when rerouted back to the PSTN
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
Not sure but maybe if the mobile only were trusted extensions rerouted it might act the same

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 07:37:07 PM »
If the mobile were a device in an MDUG with the deskphone extension that is being called it should be able to pass the caller ID through.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:15 AM »
Thank you for your replies, I configured a Trusted device and set the First Alternative (or Always Alternative) rerouting to a speed call and it looks it does what I want :-).

VinceWhirlwind, I did not get the idea. How can the mobile phone be a device in an MDUG? A speed call cannot be added as a member...  "A member must be assigned to a single line, multiline, or analog set or be a hotdesk user.". I think this can be done via EHDU but it will eat an EHDU license.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 04:31:29 AM »
External Calls transferred internally on SIP are classed as internal calls unlike analog/isdn so leave the integration normally seen.. So they will follow internal call rules not the usual external call rules. For instance call timers that are meant for internal calls....

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 09:33:29 AM »
Yes, my thought was there was the desire to not burn licenses for the external only users.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »
petr.necas,

What type of licensing do you have? I just did this with UCC v4.0 Entry user licensing and it worked fine with them setup within the MDUG. The only issue is with the one-busy all-busy scenario, but that can only be resolved with a Full IP and EHDU license.

I set the users main extension as a 6920 and their secondary as a EHDU through MiCollab and all works fine. It took awhile to figure that out since I come from the 5000 side of things and using a phantom or hotdesk is the preferred method there; although licensing is different too.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 11:06:52 PM »
How can the mobile phone be a device in an MDUG? A speed call cannot be added as a member...  "
Specifically, the mobile is configured as an extension against the same user and added to the MDUG, using 1 licence total for the user. Depending on your licensing you might be able to have 4 or 8 devices total in the MDUG.
I'm not sure one busy/all busy is a problem, really, unless somebody is tying up your deskphone while you are out of the office and wanting to take calls on your mobile. But that's what the Logoff key is for...

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 02:12:20 AM »
What type of licensing do you have?

It is a standalone MXe III installation with no MiCollab server in place, no EHDU licenses are available.

Specifically, the mobile is configured as an extension against the same user and added to the MDUG, using 1 licence total for the user. Depending on your licensing you might be able to have 4 or 8 devices total in the MDUG.

No MultiDevice licenses are available either.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:03 PM »
What version is your MCD on?
If you upgrade to the latest, then you will have a "perform baseline conversion" option available (in AMC I think) which will then upgrade your licences to UCCv4. Only "Entry" licences don't give you MDUGs, "Basic" now does.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »
The version is MCD 8.0 PR3 (14.0.0.97).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10