Author Topic: Disabling campon/call waiting  (Read 1979 times)

Offline bigyorkshire

• MiVoice Business, MiCollab and MSL Engineer
    • View Profile
Disabling campon/call waiting
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:42:08 AM »
Hi all,

I have a problem whereby if an extension is busy and you call it from another internal extension - you get the engaged tone.

If you all the same phone on it's DDI, so a trunk call from a mobile for example - it camps on/call waits, where I need the mobile phone to get the engaged tone too.

Disabled visual call waiting and blanked the auto camp on field in COS for both the trunks and the user - still trunk calls camp on.

Any ideas? ???  :o

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Disabling campon/call waiting
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »
Hi, I was setting this up yesterday at one site and also at our company ICP, all I did was that I cleared (set it to empty value) the value of Auto Campon Timer option of the COS assigned to the trunk. I did not change the option in the COS assigned to the phones.

Both sites have a SIP trunk and both are on MCD 8.0.

Offline bigyorkshire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »
Hi Petr. Thanks for the reply.

I set this too myself, main difference being is the calls are coming in via DPNSS link rather than the SIP trunk in your environment.

Might be one for Mitel I think...

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 01:09:56 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry, I cannot test this with E1 because almost all our sites have SIP trunks.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 04:07:47 PM »
I have a customer coming in on PRI and this works fine (blanking the setting not setting it as zero). This is using a single ddi ringing into a multicall group.What release of software are you on? I seem to recall that there was an issue with with early ish releases wrt to this but I can't remember what.

Offline bigyorkshire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 04:27:02 AM »
Hi X-Man,

They're on 8.0

Just found out there could be something else in play here. The ISDN lines come in and hit a Siemens ISDX (legacy system they are slowly replacing with the Mitel cluster). If the call routing on the ISDX doesn't match an extension, it will then kick the call over the to Mitel using a DPNSS trunk.

Now in my head - this shouldn't make a difference. An external trunk call is still an external trunk call no matter where it's coming from...

I'll keep playing...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10