Author Topic: Mitel 5000 Pickup group  (Read 3456 times)

Offline jjbmack

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 Pickup group
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:53:41 AM »
I have 6 people in a large stockroom with cubicles and partitions.  They have the need to pick up each others phones but they may be in an area where they can hear the phone ringing but don't know which extension is ringing.  How can I do a group call pickup on this system?  Our old Nortel system let me create pickup groups and the users would only have to press the pickup key to answer any call in the group without knowing which phone was ringing.

Please tell me there is something like this on the 5000.  The phones are 5320's so I don't have any spare keys to add.

Thanks.

Jodi

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 Pickup group
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
jjbmack,

Create a Hunt Group with all of those phones as members.
Change the Group Call Pickup to Yes.

When a call comes in to any of these users they just need to dial 4 (Default Reverse Transfer) and then the Hunt Group Extension ID.

For example if you made the Hunt Group 2010 then they would dial 42010.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 10:51:06 AM »
There is a way to add more keys to your 5320 phone, by using an Alternate Keymap and switching between keymaps. This is how I do it:

In programing, change the label on Feature Code 399 from Switch Keymap to Next Page. Assign that feature to one of the three non-lighted keys on the 5320. While you’re at it change Feature Code 4 from Reverse Transfer to Pick Up.

Program a new keymap, with the above features assigned to non-lighted keys. You have eight lighted keys which can be assigned as DSS keys for specific extensions. Assign this as the Alternate Keymap on the desired phones.

To answer a specific ringing phone, press the key labeled Next Page, then Pick Up, then the desired DSS key that is flashing. It’s not as awkward as it sounds, and certainly no more difficult than switching between pages on a 5330.

Offline jjbmack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 10:53:02 AM »
Thanks for the info!  I apologize for being a problem but I think I am missing something.  When I try to retrieve a call the display says no call to be retrieved. 

I setup hunt group 2003 with members 5455, 5452, 5454 and 5497.  I changed group pickup to yes.

I call 5455 from my cell phone and press 40 2003 from 5497 and the display says No call to Reverse transfer.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?  Thanks so much!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
jjbmack,

If you are dialing 4-0-2003 then most likely you are trying to reverse transfer calls from the x5497's operator; unless your Reverse Transfer FC is 40.

We also setup the Alternate Keymap on 5320's so that does open up several more buttons depending how you set it up.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jjbmack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 02:37:52 PM »
I checked and our feature code for reverse transfer is 40.  I think I did figure it out.  There was a flag on the phones set to Hunt Group remove.  I changed that to replace and then it worked.

Thanks so much for the tip on the alternate keymap.  I will be looking into using that. 

I am so grateful for this forum.  My vendor did not know about this feature.  I was told we would have to know which extension number we wanted to pick.  Thanks again!

Jodi

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 02:47:55 PM »
jjbmack,

That functionality has been in there for years now, but I am glad we could help out. I would strongly urge that you use the Alternate Keymap on any 5320 if it isn't created already.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 08:51:01 PM »
And also in the latest version of software you can program a pickup key with the hunt group against it.
It will flash when there is a call ringing in the group.

I know it has already mentioned but just to reiterate the top 3 keys on the 5320 phones don't have LED's.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
Sarond,

Have you tried that functionality with a Group Pickup HG? I would think that the Hunt Group Pickup button would only work for calls ringing that Hunt Group not calls ringing individual phones.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »
Sarond,

Have you tried that functionality with a Group Pickup HG? I would think that the Hunt Group Pickup button would only work for calls ringing that Hunt Group not calls ringing individual phones.

Thanks,

TE

Actually, no I haven't.

I had only used it as a hunt group pickup for incoming calls not an individual phone. You're right, I don't think it will work for phone pickup but I haven't tried.

I guess you could just do what everyone else does and program a station speed call on a button as 402003 and label it 'Pickup' if you can spare one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10