Author Topic: Problem with hunt group  (Read 881 times)

Offline tsiefert

• View Profile
Problem with hunt group
« on: May 13, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
Hi,

I have a Mitel 3300ICP. The trunk is configured with a hunt group when the caller presses 0. That hunt group has all of the extensions we want to ring when someone calls. When we call the system, the greeting answers, we press 0 and it pauses for a moment and says "The number you have dialed is not in service, please check the number and try again." I can call and dial an extension rather than 0. They can also make outbound phone calls.

This doesn't sound like a message coming from the system, rather a number from the phone company. Usually, I think if there is a problem the phone system responds with a message about an extension being unavailable.

Troubleshooting so far:

I removed all of the extensions, except for 1 from the hunt group. I am able to dial this person's extension and reach them from the outside.
I created a new hunt group and updated the Trunk Service Assignment for non-dial in trunks answer point-day to the new group number.
I tried setting the trunk service assignment to be an extension instead.

It seems strange that this happened all of a sudden too. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Rothcombs

• View Profile
Re: Problem with hunt group
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:11:19 PM »
Are there other problems they have made?

Offline tsiefert

• View Profile
Re: Problem with hunt group
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 06:52:24 PM »
As it turned out, I discovered that the day/night settings were set to change to night at 3pm. Since I was wrong on that, I was looking at the wrong thing. At night it would go to voicemail. The voicemail setting for operator (0) was set to an outside number that was no longer in service. This explains both the odd message, and the suddenness of the problem.

I updated the operator voicemail setting to transfer to someone's extension and we are good to go!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10