Author Topic: AMC is down?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
AMC is down?
« on: May 10, 2017, 02:40:15 PM »
When I open License and Options Selection, hit Change and then Retrieve License I get and error "There is a problem with the connection to the AMC (error 162). Error details can be found in the Software Logs."

I tried several ICP's and all show the same error.

Do you also see the error?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: AMC is down?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
It seems to be back in service.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 08:20:34 PM »
I had a customer who went into license violation today because of an AMC issue

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 09:20:59 AM »
New rule for our techs... If you get a ticket that a system is in license violation and nothing has changed, leave it for 24 hours.

We had a little incident that caused a stir because of this... We see this from time to time, and the solution is always just go to the element that is the DLM, copy the DLM ARID number to the clipboard, turn off the setting that sets that element as the DLM and save... then paste the ARID back in, turn on this element is the DLM, and save, then do a SDS sync. Done it 100's of times. Well, if AMC is down for several hours, you can't put those settings back in and save it, it errors out. After several hours in that state with nothing defined as the DLM, it seems that nodes get confused with no DLM existing and throw alarms to AMC and back to us (weird how that worked, but AMC didn't). Then once all the AMC stuff got straightened outand it was working properly, we tried to put it back in and it still wouldn't take, after working with support we had to clear the SYSID out of every element defined in that group on AMC, setup the DLM and get it syncing, then resync each element. Luckily this was a smaller cluster with only a handful of MCD's, had it been a bigger one it could have been a real PIA.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
I know AMC has a regular maintenance window every Wednesday.  But I no longer see this notification on the MITEL AMC after it was added under the single-sign on in "connect.mitel.com".

We've been caught a few times with license violations, and sync issues.  Most happened on Wednesdays, so we just tell our installers to wait 24 hours.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10