Author Topic: Caller does not leave message but it says new voicemail  (Read 2324 times)

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Caller does not leave message but it says new voicemail
« on: May 10, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »
If a caller let's it go to my voicemail greeting but does not leave a message, my phone will still say I have a new voicemail. When I go to access my voicemail, there will be a 2 second message and it just says "No message left".

Has anyone else run into this? This is only happening with a few of our users. Not all phones do this.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Caller does not leave message but it says new voicemail
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:02 PM »
Actually a designed feature!!! Say you're a salesman...how great is it to know a prospect called but didn't leave a message?  But to turn it off go into database programming, then VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES/<YOUR MAILBOX> and turn off DELIVER HANGUP MESSAGES.

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
Actually a designed feature!!! Say you're a salesman...how great is it to know a prospect called but didn't leave a message?  But to turn it off go into database programming, then VOICE PROCESSOR/DEVICES/MAILBOXES/<YOUR MAILBOX> and turn off DELIVER HANGUP MESSAGES.
How about if Mitel included a missed call indicator instead? That'd be even greater.  ;)

Thank you for your quick response. I was able to find the setting and turn it off. Not sure how it got turned on for some phones, but whatever.

Thanks!

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:41:17 PM »
Missed calls are found in Call Logging, which can be enabled under station flags. Default feature code is 333.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 01:50:19 PM »
Default for no message left is ON.  The idea is that you get notified of hangups even if you're out of the office via e-mail or remote messaging, whereas call logs only appear on your phone.  Lots of my clients turn this on for sales but off for others.

Offline jcatucci812

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 01:57:57 PM »
Missed calls are found in Call Logging, which can be enabled under station flags. Default feature code is 333.
Yes, but to my knowledge, there is no way to let the caller know they have a missed call on their phone without clicking a button or two. The phone models we're dealing with are 5320 and 5330.

All I'd like there to be is a button that is lit up or maybe flashes to let the caller know they have a missed call without having to manually check through > Applications > Call History > Missed Calls.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 07:44:27 PM »
jcatucci812,

That is a feature of the Executive style phones; in this case the 5340. You can put a Call Logs button on your phone [Default FC: 333] that you can press and then [1] for Missed Calls I think; not sure about that it may be 2 or 3. If that is too many presses then you can create a Personal Speed Dial that dials 3331 and it will take you right there to Missed Calls with one button press.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10