Author Topic: Setting up a 6755i as a Remote Phone  (Read 968 times)

Offline Shandley

• View Profile
Setting up a 6755i as a Remote Phone
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:17:22 PM »
Greetings to all!

I am somewhat new to the SIP phone scene but I have set up a few soft phones before. I have a basic understanding of the ports and the NATting required to get it all to work but it seems I have an issue, likely just with terminology, when it comes to setting up the 6755i phone remotely, specifically the network connection settings. Here is what I have in the webGUI setup for the phone:

Local network settings (where the phone is going to be and not the PBX) are set up under Basic Network Settings, correct?
Advanced Network Settings is where I set up the information about the PBX the phone will connect to, correct?

Assuming that is correct, I am not concerned about the Basic Network Settings but the Advanced Network Settings is a mystery to me no matter how many times I read the admin guide.

Here are my questions:
1. NAT IP: Do I put the external IP address of the network where the PBX is in this field?
2. NAT SIP Port: Is this the '5060' port commonly seen in 3rd party PBX systems?
3. NAT SIP Port: Currently at a default value but within my set RTP port range.
4. Are there any other changes I should consider within the network settings in order for this to work?

Thanks in advance and for your patience with a new guy!

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a 6755i as a Remote Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:18:59 AM »
Hi,

The PBX information is set in the Basic SIP Network Settings under Global SIP or under Line 1... etc.
That is also where you input the SIP account credentials.
The PBX address is placed under the Registrar Server and/or Proxy Server field. Port follows accordingly.

BR/Joel

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10