Author Topic: Remote Paging  (Read 1015 times)

Offline berkley

• View Profile
Remote Paging
« on: May 01, 2017, 11:30:22 AM »
I have a location with 3 remote sites that we are going to put remote IP Phones in. They will tie back to a Mitel 250. Because we are doing away with the old pbx switches we need to have an over head paging solution at each remote site. We want to connect to the existing Valcolm paging equipment.

My question is what equipment do you recommend? They don't really want to cut the speaker leads on a cheap IP phone.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Remote Paging
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
Honestly, in the 5000 "sacrificing" a phone is the easiest way to do it... Although there are SIP based paging adapters you can use, they will require a Category F license, there are tons of them out there although we often use http://www.algosolutions.com/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 12:44:12 PM by acejavelin »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
berkley,

Valcom is a large company and they had one of the first IP Paging systems on the market. What I am trying to say I guess is go to Valcom and look for the interface devices you need to interface directly into your current Valcom system; calling Valcom directly is an option.

Thanks,

TE

Offline bob2246

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »
Assuming that you have some sort of network connectivity between your remote sites, have a look at the Valcom VIP-801A.  I've successfully used these where I had to stretch paging between 2 buildings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10