Author Topic: MiCollab Over Direct Access  (Read 3106 times)

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
MiCollab Over Direct Access
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:16 PM »
we have Microsoft Direct Acces configured and working with most everything, however we have issues with MiCollab over Direct access.  it works over VPN, it works on the LAN.  we have one user that works over the Direct Access but we also have about 6 people that cannot work over DA.  it gives the error "Active Device is offline."  it authenticates and  connects which seems to tell me that the server is accessible but something is not connecting quite right.....

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab Over Direct Access
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:16:27 PM »
Is your MiCollab server configured with an IPv6 address?

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 07:57:58 AM »
it is not, however our Direct Access Server is perfoming IPv6 to IPv4 conversion so it should not need an IPv6 address. ( unless you know something i do not )  :)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:29 PM »
OK, so essentially you are performing a reverse NAT on the DAS for incoming connections to the MiCollab.

Can you manipulate this NAT - do you have options you can change? Can you figure out how to preserve the port information or something?

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
i have been told that SIP inherently uses embedded IPv4 addresses and unless Mitel has taken steps to include SIP over IPv6 this will likely not work.  :(  i have opened a ticket with Mitel to verify.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
My understanding is the connections internally between the DAS and the MiCollab have to be IPv4.
External connections to the DAS are IPv6.
Hence the reverse NAT on the DAS would be the only way it is working.

So maybe the bit to investigate is at the remote end which has to initiate an IPv6 connection to the DAS. How does a software client connection (which is going to be IPv4) get across the IPv6 connection to the DAS.

Offline IClaudius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Hi, we have a 4,000 MiCollab user base and use MS Direct Access for secure remote connection. have been waiting for Mitel to announce a date for MiCollab to work over DA for over a year and now are hearing they have no plans for this as they expect users to buy Teleworker licences instead. However I'm not convinced this will work over DA either and will be testing this. May need a FW exception for the Teleworker server to even have a chance.
Our users have a status to make calls from and send calls to a mobile so they can still use the client to make calls as usual (it calls their mobile and on answering they are calling the number they dialled on MiCillab). They have a headset with a usb and 3.5mm audio lead so they can be hands free for long calls off network. It works but not ideal for example needs a 4G signal and the calls cost !

If Teleworker doesn't work over DA then will be getting back to Mitel as they are ruling themselves out of the softphone market for Microsoft users.

Any similar experiences or ideas gratefully accepted  ;)

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 11:43:54 AM »
we have this working with the teleworker option.  make sure that you set the DNS in the DA setup so that it routes properly and it seems to work as expected.  but the cost is pretty extensive since you have to lic each teleworker.

Offline IClaudius

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »
Hi anyone know if V8 of MiCollab works over MS Direct Access for calls as well as IM and status changing. Thought it might as browser-based . . . . .

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10