Author Topic: Maximum ringing IP phones  (Read 1198 times)

Offline msouva

• View Profile
Maximum ringing IP phones
« on: April 11, 2017, 01:38:14 PM »
I have been searching for an answer to this and I am in the process of opening a ticket with our Mitel vendor.  I was wondering what is the maximum number of ringing IP phone sets on a Mitel 3300 with version 8.0 PR3.  14.0.0.97.  I see from notes and other posts from 32 (the number of phones in a group)

Here is what I am looking at for this issue.  I have a front door phone that when the button is pushed it dials to a suite that has six analog extensions tied to it.  The IP phones in the building all have a multicall button programmed on the phone set with one of these six analog extensions.  I have approximately 130+ phones that are set up like this.  It is my understanding that not all these phones will ring.  I would agree with this with analog phones and possible digital phones that would have a ringer equivalence number, but these IP phones get their power from the network POE switch and would not draw down like the REN phones would.

Thoughts?

Mark

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum ringing IP phones
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »
The limit depends on the controller being used, and is tied to the available IP signalling ports on the controller processor. A more robust controller will have a higher limit.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 02:51:54 PM »
The limit depends on the controller being used, and is tied to the available IP signalling ports on the controller processor. A more robust controller will have a higher limit.
I thought that was set paging... Doesn't ringing have a hard 172 appearance limit?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »
I thought that was set paging... Doesn't ringing have a hard 172 appearance limit?

You may be right.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »
I got a call back from our vendor here and they said that the maximum number of IP phones the system can ring is 200.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10