Author Topic: Voicemail keeps coming back  (Read 1156 times)

Offline Steve79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail keeps coming back
« on: April 11, 2017, 03:33:30 AM »
I have another problem if anyone can help?

I have set a users Call Forwarding Profile to a group number destination, I have also set their Call Rerouting 1st Alternative to a custom first alternative number that points to that group. Its call for Call Rerouting DND Type All.

The user wants no voicemail at all and calls to always to to the group if they are not present or don't answer.

Something is happening when they do something on their phone or in the software as 1/2 a day later its going to voicemail when they don't answer and when I check the Call Forwarding Profile again their number is set to a forwarding destination of 512 (The voicemail number) again.

I change the Forwarding Destination back to the group number and save and it works, then later on it has reverted back to the voicemail number again and this keeps repeating.

What am I doing wrong and how can I make sure it always forwards to the group and not voicemail without it changing itself back?

Thanks.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail keeps coming back
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
Is the second alternative still voicemail?

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 10:44:19 AM »
Does this user have MiCollab Client?  If so, it might have a status that is reverting the call forwarding back to voicemail.

Offline Steve79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 03:55:07 AM »
Second alternative is 1, which I understand is the default and doesn't push to the voicemail number as there is no number set and everything is set to 'normal'.

They do have the Micollab client, but not the ability to manage status, it seems to happen when they set the status to Do Not Disturb or Out of the Office but I thought in the back end when setting up the Call Forwarding I changed it to be the group and not the voicemail number, this is what is reverting back.

Is there any way to lock this so that it doesn't change back to voicemail?

Offline Steve79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 04:01:12 AM »
Or for a user can I set the DND or Out of Office Status to lock to a group number instead of voicemail?

Offline Steve79

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 04:19:36 AM »
Hi, not sure if the right solution but I have gone in to the Micollab Client Service tab in server-manager, then configure Micollab Client Service, Accounts, selected user, Phone Numbers section and changed their voicemail number to be the group number.

Now when they change their status in Micollab Client to DND or Out of the Office it goes to the group.

8)

Will monitor for the day for a new users but hopefully they will now never get voicemail.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10