Author Topic: NuPoint CallFlow - Critical RNA  (Read 2053 times)

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
NuPoint CallFlow - Critical RNA
« on: April 07, 2017, 11:55:34 AM »
Hello,

We've recently implemented new call flows and now nupoint seems to be hitting critical ring no answer errors with the call director never picking up.  It's not doing anything terribly fancy, just a menu with various branches, transferring calls to extensions/groups as needed.

We have two T1's and 25 VM ports.   After awhile it seems the ports build up in a RNA state and very few call director or plain calls to VM work.

A reboot seems to alleviate this for awhile.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: NuPoint CallFlow - Critical RNA
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »
About the only way to figure out why is to use the console and do some tracing from event recorder.

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 09:06:20 AM »
I'm not sure how to do that just yet.  We need to upgrade anyway, so I may try first. 

I'm also testing a FreePBX IVR.  Might just push calls over to that system as a workaround...

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2017, 09:46:22 AM »
I'm not sure how to do that just yet.  We need to upgrade anyway, so I may try first. 

I'm also testing a FreePBX IVR.  Might just push calls over to that system as a workaround...
Upgrade? What version of Nupoint and MCD/MiVB are you using?

TBH, for the most part FreePBX would be a downgrade, depending on your application.

I have seen something similar to what you are describing once, but it was a unique case... Nupoint was part of MiCollab and the vMiCollab server sat in a data center, but the MCD sat at the customer site, and there was "excessive delay" sometimes on the ports for the voicemail and they would lock up. Rebooting the MiCollab fixed it, but it seems to me so did logging into the 3300 and perform a BUSY/RTS on the ports.

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 01:04:14 PM »
Code: [Select]
Mitel Applications Suite 5.0.116.0
Mitel Standard Linux 10.0.43

NuPoint:
Build: 16.1.0.13.01

Who knows on FreePBX, but I enjoy what I've done so far and I'm not seeing enough feature disparity.  At least with our use case.  The only concern is with UCA functionality, though Zulu may take care of that.

Anyway, I appreciate the MCD info.  We have a 2 member cluster at two sites alongside the MAS/MCD/NuPoint servers.

How do you do the busy/rts reset on the 3300?  I'll definitely give that a try next time or see about a weekly mas reboot.

Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 08:50:21 PM »
Code: [Select]
Mitel Applications Suite 5.0.116.0
Mitel Standard Linux 10.0.43

NuPoint:
Build: 16.1.0.13.01

Who knows on FreePBX, but I enjoy what I've done so far and I'm not seeing enough feature disparity.  At least with our use case.  The only concern is with UCA functionality, though Zulu may take care of that.

Anyway, I appreciate the MCD info.  We have a 2 member cluster at two sites alongside the MAS/MCD/NuPoint servers.

How do you do the busy/rts reset on the 3300?  I'll definitely give that a try next time or see about a weekly mas reboot.

Thanks!
Yeah... That is pretty old... MAS is now MiCollab and it is 7.3, MSL is up to 10.4 (maybe .5) and is 64-bit, and Nupoint is at 8.3 (yours is 6.1).... LOTS of changes and stability fixes since your release. If you have active SWA with Mitel you can upgrade to current pretty easy, although depending on your MAS server hardware it might take some upgrades or virtualization. MCD servers are still fully supported and can be upgraded to current software.

You have a cluster so you have resiliency? That would be a pretty big feature loss in my opinion... I know SIP has some resiliency but it is nothing like Mitel's... I am not opposed to other platforms, I work on Digium Switchvox, BiCom, and Broadsoft as well, but Mitel has many underlying features most people don't think about especially in the aspect of resiliency.

And to busy/rts a circuit uses Maintenance Commands in the 3300... find the ports (PLIDs) and STATE them, if they are out of service or otherwise unusable use the command BUSY [PLID] once the port is maintenance busied, return it to service with RTS [PLID] command. You could also try just stopping and starting the Nupoint service by opening an SSH terminal to the MAS server and logging in as root, then use the commands `stopnpm` to stop the Nupoint service, and `startnpm` to restart it. In the same terminal, you can use the command `vccs` to start the event viewer.

Although this document is largely intended for a stand-alone Nupoint installation, most of the information covers a MAS installation as well, consider this: http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/Apps-Solutions/MiCollab%207.0/Nupoint/NPUM_THB_R80.pdf

Online ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 09:16:48 AM »
To be clear, are the ports on the MCD's or the NuPoint causing the issue?

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »
Yeah, it's a bit old and I'm working on scheduling an upgrade with support.  We do have resiliency which does, in fact, seem better than freepbx's HA offering.  Though I don't believe our current installation and infrastructure really needs it.

@Zulu: I'm not sure, but tend to think it's on the nupoint side.  When this happens all Call Directors and regular VM calls continue to ring.

Offline idxman01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 01:02:38 PM »
As an update, I've moved the call flow to a freepbx IVR and it's working perfectly.  I still need to open a ticket with Mitel which I'm not looking forward to.  They're always a PITA and want to charge us.

Though I'd still like to get to the bottom of it.  We have other flows on nupoint and of course VM so it's annoying when they don't pick up.  Not to mention one program is federally funded and service is critical...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10