Author Topic: Voicemail for a ring group  (Read 2670 times)

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voicemail for a ring group
« on: April 06, 2017, 04:27:15 PM »
Hi there
 I have a group of 4 phones that are in a ring group. Is it possible to setup a voicemail inbox for the shared number? Will each phone have a message indicator? If not how can we do that. Thanks :)

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail for a ring group
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 07:45:24 PM »
To prevent problems with forwarding chains that might have occurred before the ring group, do the following:

1. Create an ACD Skill Group with no members and set it to not queue when no one is present.
2. Create a phantom extension on a button somewhere that you will then call reroute always to voicemail hunt group
3. Build an ACD Path and set the path unavailable options to go to the phantom extension.
4. Build a mailbox matching the phantom ext.
5. For the Message Lights, just put a Message Waiting key for the phantom extension on each of the phones.

Only thing left to do after that is set the timer on the ring group to an acceptable number and set its overflow point to be the acd path.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voicemail for a ring group
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:20:03 PM »
What voicemail system, embedded or Nupoint? Either way, a Ring Group can have a voicemail box, and if a message is left the first member added to the group will get the notification. The best way to handle the notification is with voicemail to email in most cases.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10