Author Topic: Desk Phone Call Forwarded to Mobile Phone - Issues with Voicemail  (Read 1187 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
Hi all,

We've got a quirk on our MiVoice 7.2 system call forward that I can't figure out

Scenario:
A user's desk IP phone is call forwarded to his mobile phone.

1) When a trunk call comes in and the user does not answer his mobile phone, the voicemail that kicks in is Nupoint.

2) But when an internal call comes in and the user does not answer his mobile phone, the voicemail that plays is his mobile's voicemail.

What we'd like to happen is for the mobile voicemail to play on scenario 1.  How can we do this?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:49:47 PM by mszodiac »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Desk Phone Call Forwarded to Mobile Phone - Issues with Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »
Its the system integration that is taking over in scenario 1. You have to break that integration. Basically if a call comes in on a trunk then the voicemail is sent to whatever answered first; in this case the Ip extension. Its mitel that insist on this.

I'm not sure how to do it cleany in this case. There are issues with using name tag groups for this I understand but am not sure. i'm sure someone else can help.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 04:15:54 PM »
If the outside call does ring to the cell phone then you'll have to mess with timers or route the call out a loop start trunk.
If it never rings the outside then odds are really good that your outside trunks do not have a COR that allows it to access the outside ARS.
The way to fix that is to use a system speed dial that has "override toll security" ticked and forward to that rather than the outside number.

Ralph

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »
Thanks for your replies!

We've played with the timers before posting the problem here.  I will try the speed call!

Offline Boris

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 07:50:29 PM »
Is External Hot Desk involved?  I don't think i've ever seen internal voicemail answer a call that has been forwarded back out the trunks?  MiCollab involved maybe?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »
do a 'locate feature extension' on the extension and show us what it says.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 10:29:42 AM »
Ok.  This problem has got me in a loop until one of our groups' engineering guy said it is a bug on the MCD.

Apparently, the call forward no answer timer on the MCD do not work.  We've had this problem at 6.0.  Our systems are now on release 7.2.   The work around is to configure "No Answer External" on the phone, instead of the usual "Call Forward Always".

This worked on 5.0 release.  Does anyone have a background info on this problem?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10