Author Topic: Some phones can't connect to certain numbers (all circuits busy)  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
I have a Mitel 5000 and a strange issue is happening and I can't figure out if it's likely the phone system or phone service. It seems that certain phones in the office (more than half) cannot get through to a certain number and they get the "all circuits are busy now" error. The other phones work fine when calling this number and all phones work fine when calling other numbers. In addition, every IP phone I tested works fine, so it just seems to be the digital phones. I checked to see if maybe they're all on the same physical expansion card, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'll try and reboot during off-hours, but I don't even know if the problem is with the Mitel system or the phone service (who I know will probably say there's no issue since we are able to connect with some phones.)

Thanks.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Some phones can't connect to certain numbers (all circuits busy)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 02:39:57 PM »
Sounds like maybe ARS is sending some types of calls out of a trunk group these extensions don't have permission to use.  First look at SYSTEM/DEVICES AND FEATURE CODES/CO TRUNK GROUPS (if trunks aren't SIP).  See what groups are there.  Inspect each to make sure all phones are listed in OUTGOING ACCESS DAY and NIGHT (or ALL PHONES EXTENSION LIST is there).
Next I'd try direct-selecting a trunk group from one of the offending phones, see if you can dial those numbers (dial 9200X for that group).
If this works I'd look at ARS programming, see if you've got some rule that kicks in for these numbers to use a special route.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »
My first reaction would be to say that if you hear the message "All Circuits are busy" then the 5000 sent the call to the carrier OK but something is going on with them.
I'd talk to the carrier first and have them put a trace on it.

Ralph

Offline Rishi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »
It looks like after two days the problem resolved itself (well, at least on my end I didn't do anything besides wait on hold with Verizon for 30 minutes and then hang up and look at the settings suggested  (which looked fine) on the phone system.

Still strange to me though that it only affected some phones.

Thanks for the help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 08:46:23 AM »
It looks like after two days the problem resolved itself (well, at least on my end I didn't do anything besides wait on hold with Verizon for 30 minutes and then hang up and look at the settings suggested  (which looked fine) on the phone system.

Still strange to me though that it only affected some phones.

Thanks for the help.
Only a handful of things are different to the carrier on a per phone basis... Outbound Caller ID comes to mind right away... in fact, that is really the only thing I can think of.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10