Author Topic: Call Recording  (Read 1388 times)

Offline interviewzee

• View Profile
Call Recording
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:57:08 AM »
Hi all

What do you currently use/recommend for call recording?

At the moment I have my calls recorded by the provider end, rather than on-premis. The system is web based and a bit slow and kludgy. The archiving tool is also a bit flaky so I'd like to look at bringing our recording locally.

I have 20+ SIP trunks which need recording. We have TIM Plus for our wall boards, and Mitel Phone Manager on desktops. I know both of these are extendable to include recording calls - are they any good, or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Re: Call Recording
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
We use tracer.  Are those SIP trunks "managed" or do they go into a MBG?  We ran into the issue before managed SIP that Tracer can't record from "unknown" IP addresses; managed SIP gives you one IP address to record on.

Offline interviewzee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
Yes. Managed. Traffic goes to/from our provider on a single IP address.

I'm guessing therefore that Tracer "intercepts" the traffic before it gets to the WAN?

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 10:57:35 AM »
I'm not sure...that's magic that happens in the black box 8)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 12:40:14 PM »
interviewzee,

The new Phone Manager server now supports Call Recording with version 5.0 so that is now an option as well. This also gives you access to a server that can support other features.

Thanks,

TE

Offline interviewzee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 12:50:13 PM »
The new Phone Manager server now supports Call Recording with version 5.0 so that is now an option as well. This also gives you access to a server that can support other features.

I'd just come across this. Looks like it was only recently announced? And it is effectively OAISYS Talkument rolled into Phone Manager?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 08:09:12 AM »
It's been out about a month.

You can upgrade your current Mitel Phone Manager server to the most recent V5 Version then add the relevant licenses to add call Recording or Call Reporting.

As you have 20 SIP Trunks it would be configured to do Extn Side IP Recording, the licenses to do this are £250 per phone. If you have a ton of phones it may be more cost effective to record at the SIPs rather than the Extns with a standalone Xarios Call Recorder.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10