Author Topic: How to Stop DGT TRACE Command?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
How to Stop DGT TRACE Command?
« on: April 03, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
Hello there,

I typed in the command with an area code instead of a full number and it seems to be returning data forever. I have tried DGT TRACE end, stop, cancel with no luck. Anyone have an idea how to stop the command from running?

Thanks

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to Stop DGT TRACE Command?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 05:11:26 PM »
Hello there,

I typed in the command with an area code instead of a full number and it seems to be returning data forever. I have tried DGT TRACE end, stop, cancel with no luck. Anyone have an idea how to stop the command from running?

Thanks

Hi Elwood36,
The command DGT Trace <Number> should only kick out the ARS route that it would normally take and not "Spool" out continuous information. Did you mean the CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINIOUS command? If so, then the command to stop the spooling would be CCS TRACE DISABLE.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 05:16:20 PM »
I simply typed "DGT TRACE 905" for instance and its been spewing information back for an hour now. If I load another tab and come back its still going, if I logout and back in it doesn't appear. However I have a feeling this is still running in the backend?

Iron: I tried "CCS TRACE DISABLE" just to see and it actually ended the Spool output.
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:24:12 PM by Elwood36 »

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
I simply typed "DGT TRACE 905" for instance and its been spewing information back for an hour now. If I load another tab and come back its still going, if I logout and back in it doesn't appear. However I have a feeling this is still running in the backend?

Thanks

Elwood36,
That is pretty weird for sure. Of course not knowing how your ARS tables are setup I'm not sure, what happens if you dial 905? I wonder if a loop was somehow (and mistakenly) configured and that's what the DGT TRACE showed? If you logged out and logged back in and don't see it there I should think your safe. The spooling data would show even on a CCS TRACE after logging out and then in. Very curious indeed.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 05:29:33 PM »
Iron: I tried "CCS TRACE DISABLE" just to see and it actually ended the Spool output.
Thanks

Elwood36,
Cool! "Another Tech" (Before you) may have entered that command CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINOUS, my guess is perhaps nothing was going on at the time you did your DGT TRACE command and then all of a sudden the phone controller became busy and whola, Spooling! In either case I'm glad to hear it is resolved!

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10