Author Topic: Mitel 3300 LX Controller - Randomly rebooting  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Felix

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 LX Controller - Randomly rebooting
« on: April 03, 2017, 06:33:52 AM »
Hi all,

Could anyone help me please! I have a site with an old LX controller on 7.1.4.9 and recently have had to swap the chassis. I have updated all the firmware etc but I am still having issues with the system randomly rebooting. I determined that it was an issue with something connected to the printer port so removed this but still having issues.

I have completed a system diagnostics report but unfortunately this has also taken this down. The logs show the following

VALID Restart post mortem information follows                                   
Time Stamp : Monday Apr 03 , 11 : 12 : 29                                       
The Restart of the Active plane was due to                                     
a HARDWARE TRAP; a register dump follows.                                       
EXCEPTION NUMBER           : 0004                                               
PROGRAM COUNTER            : 00000068                                           
ACCESSED ADDRESS           : 00000000                                           
INSTRUCTION REGISTER       : 0000                                               
STATUS REGISTER            : 0000                                               
HARDWARE EXCEPTION BITS    : 0000 

I was also connected to the maintenance port at the same time and this showed the following logs when it did go down:

WARNING-System shutdown requested by task: Emu68k
MnTftp:Thread terminate signal received
MnFileCache: waiting for thread to terminate. 18 seconds left.
MnFileCache: thread terminate signal received
0x3666c00 (HwReset): ==> WARNING: System Shutdown about to start. Reset Backup task launched and will force a reset in 2  minutes  i
f shutdown fails.
0x3666c00 (HwReset): void SystemShutDown::execute() - SystemShutDown::action.ManagementLayerCoordinator ShutDown started.
Task IPMOTask being deleted while ACTIVE
IPN DBA Shutting down!!
OSA_ERROR - MnThread.cpp - 156 - Release() - (0x19922ad8) User already released this MnThread.
OSA_ERROR - MnThread.cpp - 156 - Release() - (0x19922c68) User already released this MnThread.

Any help or where I can find the issue here would help me out alot. Many thanks.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 LX Controller - Randomly rebooting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:04:11 AM »
Mitel hasn't made that chassis for 10 years. Could be a lot of things, honestly your best bet is to just replace it with something more current.

Offline Felix

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:44:09 AM »
Thanks Lundah,

Its my suggestion to the customer as well as I am struggling to pin point the source of the problem here.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »
Hardware Trap errors need to go through tech support... there isn't sufficient information in that message to determine the cause.

Offline Felix

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:49:47 AM »
Thanks acejavelin,

I am going to recommend a new PBX to be installed, the thing seems to be on its last legs.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10