Author Topic: MiVoice Business 1024MB of RAM and No Relink applied  (Read 1991 times)

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
MiVoice Business 1024MB of RAM and No Relink applied
« on: March 31, 2017, 09:05:08 AM »
Hi Everyone,

We're building a new MiVoice Business.  When I clicked on "About" it showed 1024MB of RAM and "No relink has been applied." under both System relink, and Call Control relink.  (see attached photo).

All our systems but this have 512MB of RAM.

Questions:
1) Is there a command I can run either from RTC or maintenance window that can display the amount of RAM on the system?
2) "No relink has been applied".  Does this mean there's a problem with the system?

Thanks!

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: MiVoice Business 1024MB of RAM and No Relink applied
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 09:44:12 AM »
New controllers are coming with 1024MB of RAM now. Future releases will require it, so you'll have to upgrade all the older 512MB units. You must use MiVB 7.1 or above with the 1024MB chassis. There's a downgrade kit available if you need to run older software.

"No Relink Applied" is normal, sometimes a relink patch is applied but it's been a while since they rolled one of those out instead of a full PR release.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 12:40:16 PM »
Thanks lundah!

With the 512MB units, any idea as to the highest release we can go up to? We're about to test 8.0 on the 512MB units.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 01:52:05 PM »
I haven't heard anything yet. I know you can run MiVB 8.0 on 512MB, which is as current as you can get.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
Hi lundah,

New controllers are coming with 1024MB of RAM now. Future releases will require it, so you'll have to upgrade all the older 512MB units.

Where did you get this information from?

What about the old CX/CXi controllers that were already previously upgraded from 256 MB RAM to 512 MB RAM? Probably will not support the more memory demanding release?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 05:40:53 AM »
It certainly looks like Mitel are going their usual way and making some old equipment obsolete at source. If the old controllers cannot be made to take new releases then Mitel's insistence on only being one release behind for support will be unsustainable. I have one customer who has an old mx50 running release 3300 6.0 (the original one) fortunately we have not needed any support for it and the customer sees no reason to upgrade a working system (probably 15 years old now) that does everything they need or want.

We recently had to upgrade a MCD 5.0 (again working perfectly happily for the customer needs) because Mitel would not give us support otherwise. The problem turned out to be a design bug that not many will come across but still exists in MCD 8.0 pr3...So it cost the customer quite a lot of money to prove that Mitel had a bug.....customer is not very impressed with Mitel.....

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 02:58:55 PM »
Thanks lundah!

With the 512MB units, any idea as to the highest release we can go up to? We're about to test 8.0 on the 512MB units.

I've been told that 8.0 will run on MXeIII/CXII with 512MB of RAM. I will be interested to know how your tests go. "It will run" and "It will run well" are two distinctly different statements and  I didn't consider asking the second part.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 09:10:51 AM »
Thanks lundah!

I've been told that 8.0 will run on MXeIII/CXII with 512MB of RAM. I will be interested to know how your tests go. "It will run" and "It will run well" are two distinctly different statements and  I didn't consider asking the second part.

MiVB 8.0 has been out for several months (heck, there's been 3 PR's already), and it runs just fine on a 512mb controller. I haven't heard when/if 9.0 is due out or if that will require 1GB, but they wouldn't bother increasing the RAM equipped in the new controllers if they didn't plan on needing it *eventually*.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 10:02:01 AM »
Before developing any conspiracy theories the reason could be simple as the fact that the memory provider could have discontinued the 512 RAM modules?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 11:31:07 AM »
and 1 gig modules could well be cheaper than 512's now as well.... march of technology.

Offline mszodiac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 03:37:03 PM »
I got confirmation from MITEL that we can upgrade our 512 systems to 8.0 which is the latest version they have.  However, even they can't confirm the highest level we can go up to with 512 RAM.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10