Author Topic: Axxess - Digital phones not powering on  (Read 1020 times)

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Axxess - Digital phones not powering on
« on: March 31, 2017, 05:34:54 AM »
Hello,

I have a weird issue on an Axxess system. We have a DKSC16+ card in the system with a digital patch panel connected, if I plug a phone directly into the patch panel it works fine however if you plug the phone into the desk where the cable is ran to then it doesn't power on.

The strange this is, these where all working fine before at the desks - nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Axxess - Digital phones not powering on
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »
How many phones? If it works at the patch panel, then I would think it would have to be the jack or the cabling between the jack and the patch panel. The Axxess digital phones run on the outside pair of wire.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
How many phones? If it works at the patch panel, then I would think it would have to be the jack or the cabling between the jack and the patch panel. The Axxess digital phones run on the outside pair of wire.
Well... I think we need to be a little more specific here...

For older phones (before 8528/8568): In a standard RJ11 6-pin jack, the phones run on pins 2&5 and in a RJ14 4-pin jack it runs on 1&4, or the second pair/line position and it is polarity sensitive so remember that line cords are reversed and standard patch cords are straight through.

For newer phones like the 8528/8568: In a standard RJ11/14 jack the center two pins (Line 1) are used and the phone are not polarity sensitive.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:20:54 AM by acejavelin »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 04:10:57 PM »
Hello,

I have a weird issue on an Axxess system. We have a DKSC16+ card in the system with a digital patch panel connected, if I plug a phone directly into the patch panel it works fine however if you plug the phone into the desk where the cable is ran to then it doesn't power on.

The strange this is, these where all working fine before at the desks - nothing has changed.

Any ideas?

You might have to follow your riser/tie cable. Sounds like something got cut.

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 04:51:17 AM »
Thanks for the help all, the issue has now been rectified - it seems to have been an issue with the cables.

Thanks again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10