Author Topic: Resilience Help  (Read 1069 times)

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
Resilience Help
« on: March 29, 2017, 06:36:11 PM »
Good Evening,

I have my primary controller that has 2 dual t1/e1 framers servicing 3 PRI, this controller is expanded and is a part of 19 member cluster. I just purchased a secondary expanded controller for this site for HA and Resilience.

My plan is to take 1 on pri from the first module on the primary controller and move it to the secondary controller, On the primary controller I will have 50 sets configured as with the secondary controller as their failover.

Currently all of my speed dials are set to s/c, I am unable to duplicate the speed dials from the primary controller to the secondary, this is vital as from the CO all 69 channels are have the DID's configured on them in the event of PRI Failure as well I am doing FoIP.

Can someone help me with the configuration required on the secondary controller.

Sorry this is the end of the day and may head hurts  so hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Resilience Help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »
I guess I am not seeing the issue... why can you not just share the system speed call form and have all your speed calls replicated across both controller? Or the more correct way, why not move them to the DID Translation table and share that form?

We do this in lots of places... why do you think this will be impossible?

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
From MOL

If it is desirable to route the speed call's actual number from each ICP that has the speed call configured, then select "S/C" (SDS will create speed calls on other systems in the cluster).

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
Thank you for the reply's,

To be honest this was one of the forms that we did not Share when we built the cluster, we are currently running 6.0 SP3. Is there a limitation on the on how many speed call records there can be?

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 06:46:11 PM »
It's 2,000 by default, I think, although you can change it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »
Again... DID's in the system speed call table has been depreciated, you should migrate those to the DID Translation Table.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 07:29:59 PM »
Just re-reading the initial post - if you are adding a new controller to the cluster to act as a resilient pair to an existing controller, you shouldn't move a PRI to it, you should put 3 combo cards in the existing controller and patch the 2nd port on the 3 combo cards to the ports in the dual cards that you've moved from the old controller to the new one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10