Author Topic: UC360 Not Registering  (Read 4984 times)

Offline kjassal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UC360 Not Registering
« on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:18 PM »
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced a network registration failure on the UC360, A001 variant. I've rolled out a number of these successfully on our network but am getting a VCS initialization Timeout message on the unit before it reboots. I've updated the firmware to v2.1.5.3. Hardware revision is CA5R

I've tried to assign known working DDI's to the device which have been utilised on other UC360's but without success on this one.

Could it be a corrupt firmware! I've rolled it back to it's original firmware and factory settings and then upgraded it again from a fresh download and sd card.....but still no joy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 Not Registering
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 08:18:38 AM »
I've seen no problems with the latest firmware on the UC360's. Should be pretty basic config. Make sure your SIP settings match on the UC360 and the server it's talking to.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
kjassal,
I see that there is a NEW firmware (2.1.5.4) released and is on MoL. The release notes are something of a mystery. Looks like all they did was take the 2.1.5.3 release notes and replace the cover and table of contents page. Other than that it looks all the same. I'm going to be opening up a ticket with Mitel and asking for the release notes. I'm certain that upgrading to the new release will not fix your issue, as lundah has said, getting these UC360's setup is pretty easy in just making sure your SIP settings on the UC360 match up with what's on your server.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline kjassal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:47:36 AM »
Thanks for your replies.

I can confirm the config is the same as on the server.
I've set up a known working UC360 with the same SIP Settings and that registers on the controller without any issues.
I think this device could be faulty. Will send it back to the supplier for a replacement.

:-\

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 02:28:48 PM »
Thanks for your replies.

I can confirm the config is the same as on the server.
I've set up a known working UC360 with the same SIP Settings and that registers on the controller without any issues.
I think this device could be faulty. Will send it back to the supplier for a replacement.

:-\

kjassal,
Good call, I woulda done the same thing, the UC360's are very simple to configure, especially since you configured another one up and it came right up with no issues. Get that bad boy RMA'd!  ;)

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 09:36:15 PM »
Did you change from New Zealand, and if using vlan enable it?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 11:39:19 AM »
Did you change from New Zealand, and if using vlan enable it?

johnp,
Concerning the "Country Variant" setting with the default being New Zealand (versus North America) have you noticed anything from one to the other? I have not, but I always change it to North America. (Our customer(s) are here in the states).

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:03:57 PM by irongladiator »

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 07:28:32 PM »
In the past, I had one way audio upon first boot and after the change it worked as expected. Not certain if the change made any difference, or the reboot solved it. I just now by default make those 2 changes. FWIW, haven't had a one way issue since I've done this.

Offline kjassal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 04:45:27 AM »
Thanks for the post guys,

I'd changed the country variant to UK as with all other UC360's on our network; the default was New Zealand.
This had no effect on this particular unit, I've since sent it back to my supplier for a replacement.
Hopefully, I have better luck with the new unit.
I was just worried that I may have reached some sort of threshhold on how many of these devices you can have.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »
The only difference I've noticed with the default country thing is the call progress tones are different. If I have more than a couple, I try to set them up with a common config file sitting on a server, and set DHCP option 66 to tell the UC360 where to find it.

Offline kjassal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »
Have received the replacement UC360 and guess what...........same issue.

I'm looking at the Micollab server and am pretty sure i've run out of licenses.
I have 5 0f 5 MiCollab Client deskphone licenses used. Don't know if this has any bearing, i'm not even sure if licenses are needed for these devices, is it coincidental that i've just registered 5 units?
Can the devices be unregister from the MAS and controllers? cannot find a way of doing it.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »
Have received the replacement UC360 and guess what...........same issue.

I'm looking at the Micollab server and am pretty sure i've run out of licenses.
I have 5 0f 5 MiCollab Client deskphone licenses used. Don't know if this has any bearing, i'm not even sure if licenses are needed for these devices, is it coincidental that i've just registered 5 units?
Can the devices be unregister from the MAS and controllers? cannot find a way of doing it.

kjassal,
It could very well be that you are out of licenses. I thought you had said you had an extra UC360 that you configured and it came right up? Let me guess, you used one of the UC360's that was operational huh?  ;D

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline kjassal

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 02:53:13 AM »
Yep!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10