Author Topic: Mitel 5324 won't register  (Read 3626 times)

Offline chris_s

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5324 won't register
« on: March 28, 2017, 04:40:07 PM »
I have a phone that just keeps going back to the "USE Superkey TO SEND PIN" message. I hit ***123superkey and it blinks, then back to same message.
tried different extensions, no luck

any suggestions? as far as I can tell it's connecting to my 3300 with no problem, otherwise I wouldn't be getting the superkey message

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5324 won't register
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »
That usually means you have it programmed as the wrong type of phone or the MAC is used somewhere else.
Check the phone type.
If OK, try ###<extension>

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
Also *** isn't always the set registration code, we see systems around here where the code is *0#, 1234, and **#

Remember you can't use Set Registration to replace a phone that already has a MAC address associated with it, you must use Set Replacement code.

Offline chris_s

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:22:19 AM »
That usually means you have it programmed as the wrong type of phone or the MAC is used somewhere else.
Check the phone type.

Ralph

the "wrong type of phone" thing sounds on the money, as the problem phone is a 5324 and the majority of my other phones are 5312. If the mac was in use somewhere else my understanding is that it would not be asking for pin. Is that incorrect?
Is there a way to search my 3300 for a mac address?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:56:34 PM »
Check the phone type.

Ralph

the "wrong type of phone" thing sounds on the money, as the problem phone is a 5324 and the majority of my other phones are 5312. If the mac was in use somewhere else my understanding is that it would not be asking for pin. Is that incorrect?
Is there a way to search my 3300 for a mac address?
Go to Maintenance & Diagnostics, IP Telephone Inventory, and All IP Telephones and you can search by MAC address... What we mean though is if you are trying to register as x123 and x123 already has a different MAC address associated with it, you cannot do a Set Registration to that extension, you would need to remove the MAC address from that extension in the 3300 or use the Set Replacement code.

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 01:59:21 PM »
If it's the wrong set type it will eventually lock out too and you'll have to unplug and plug it back in. For instance I know this one guy, we'll call him "HuluScalpa," who almost pulled his hair out trying to pin a 5320e when it was programmed in the MCD as a 5320.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 05:26:44 PM »
If it's the wrong set type it will eventually lock out too and you'll have to unplug and plug it back in. For instance I know this one guy, we'll call him "HuluScalpa," who almost pulled his hair out trying to pin a 5320e when it was programmed in the MCD as a 5320.
Interesting... I programmed an entire system wrong once using 5330 instead of 5330e (what the phones were)... Phones came up fine, still running that way today as far as I know with all the extensions programmed as 5330 but running 5330e sets. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »
Interesting... I programmed an entire system wrong once using 5330 instead of 5330e (what the phones were)... Phones came up fine, still running that way today as far as I know with all the extensions programmed as 5330 but running 5330e sets.

These 2 are basically the same and it will allow it, but not for dissimilar sets

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »

These 2 are basically the same and it will allow it, but not for dissimilar sets

Now I question my own sanity...

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 09:59:28 AM »

It depends on the software running on the 3300. If it's an older release, a 5330e will work programmed as a 5330, because the 5330e is not available in programming. If it's a newer release that has both, you have to specifically program the set as the e or non-e type.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »

It depends on the software running on the 3300. If it's an older release, a 5330e will work programmed as a 5330, because the 5330e is not available in programming. If it's a newer release that has both, you have to specifically program the set as the e or non-e type.
I know than one I did was MCD6, and it's 7 now... Still working, I checked.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10