Author Topic: System Speed Call  (Read 9781 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
System Speed Call
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:34:47 AM »
When setting up speed calls.  I would like to forward all 411 info calls to google's service.  Ralph i believe gave me this idea and it's working like a charm!

I need to add a few more ways of dialing info.  Do i need to use the 9 to dial out and the 1 before area code.  The field only lets me add 7 digits...

To block 631-555-1212; would i just enter 9163155 or do i leave off the 9 and 1?

Thanks.

-Evan

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
Re: System Speed Call
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:57 AM »

When programming a system speed dial that needs access to the PSTN, then yeah you'd need to use 9 first and a 1 where applicable.

To prevent someone from dailing 9-1-631-555-1212 the way I do it is by putting those digits in ARS and then routing them to a route that is assigned a Trunk Group number that doesn't exist.  This results in calls that "ERROR" out.

Another way (probably the most appropriate way) would be to route callers of those digits to a route number that's assigned a COR group number that denies access to all sets.  Just make a COR group assignment that restricts 1-64.  This results in calls that show "CALL BARRED".

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:44:44 PM »
Hi Evan,
I'm glad it's working for you.
If I understand what you're looking for, you want to block other ways of dialing "information".

Since you can't put 916155551212 into the dialed digits field in the system speed dial form you have to user ARS.  As Wobbly_head_bob mentioned you can set up a specific ARS route that blocks the call or give them an error message.   Pretty simple to do as he explained.

Another thing you can do is to set up a specific route that deleted what the user dialed and then dials "goog411" instead.   That way the user gets out just fine.  You'd do this via the digit mod table.

The one thing I'm not sure of is how to use wild cards.  Just haven't done it and I'm still on vacation so I'm not near my notes.   Here's what you'd need to do: if someone dial 91XXX5551212 you still want to intercept that call.   I'm just not sure how to capture the area code.   Perhaps Wobbley_head_bob can jump back in with the answer.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:52:31 PM by ralph »

Offline wobbly_head_bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:24:03 AM »
If you put 91XXX5551212 into ARS and route that to your restricted route, it will work...and thanks to Ralph, that's actually much simpler and much more complete than the dozen or so area code specific blocks that I had set up.

Offline chad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 01:44:51 PM »
If you put 91XXX5551212 into ARS and route that to your restricted route, it will work...and thanks to Ralph, that's actually much simpler and much more complete than the dozen or so area code specific blocks that I had set up.

So I got the ARS Digit mod and Routes all setup like suggested.  Set a ARS digits dialed like above with the XXX in it and when I tried it I still got the standard directory assistance.  I changed the XXX to be our local 810 area code and tried that and it sent me to the BING 411 service instead.  Am I doing something wrong trying to get it to use the XXX wildcards or is there something else I may need to look at instead.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Chad,
You have a contract with us.  Give us a call and I can dig into it.

Ralph

Offline chad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 04:23:18 PM »
sounds good.  probably be sometime late next week. just figured I would throw the question out on here since this was where I seen the idea.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10