Author Topic: Latest version for 5000?  (Read 1414 times)

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Latest version for 5000?
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »
Is anyone aware of a site that lists the most recent software updates to the 5000?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Latest version for 5000?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:18:32 PM »
Is anyone aware of a site that lists the most recent software updates to the 5000?
You mean besides Mitel's dealer portal? No...

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 07:46:54 AM »
Which is something I wouldn't have access to.

Thanks

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 07:51:41 AM »
Even with access to the latest version of software you need to have your license upgraded for every major release change.
You need active Software Assurance to be able to upgrade your license.

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 08:29:46 AM »
We have that.

It's no problem to get a new license from our vendor, they're just not very good about telling us there is a new version to upgrade to.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
We have that.

It's no problem to get a new license from our vendor, they're just not very good about telling us there is a new version to upgrade to.
No, there isn't... And there is a reason for it, since people often think they need to have the latest and greatest... There are sometimes implications beyond just upgrading or getting a new license key.

For example, do you have a CS platform or an HX platform? Do you know that the CS platform cannot be upgraded beyond 6.1 but the HX can? Do you know that some software versions require a certain size CF card be installed, and you can't just use an off the shelf card since your serial number is (likely) embedded in the card?

And those are only a few, not to mention things like integration to other servers (UC/Phone Manager, CCM, attendant consoles, and others) may need to be upgraded or reconfigured as well, and Mitel does not want customers performing actions that may comeback to bite them, or their authorized vendors, in the @ss later.

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »
That makes perfect sense, and we'd involve the vendor before any upgrades.  We're running into random problems right now and it would be nice if a new version fixed those issues.  While I normally trust my vendor, it's issues like this where it would be nice to point at a new version and say "hey, let's try this"

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2017, 04:43:05 PM »
That makes perfect sense, and we'd involve the vendor before any upgrades.  We're running into random problems right now and it would be nice if a new version fixed those issues.  While I normally trust my vendor, it's issues like this where it would be nice to point at a new version and say "hey, let's try this"

Generally speaking, Mitel tech support recommends software upgrades like a doctor recommends drinking more water.
6.2 SP1 is the newest version.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10