Author Topic: Miccolab client with ACD agent  (Read 6208 times)

Offline pacifichydro

• View Profile
Miccolab client with ACD agent
« on: March 23, 2017, 05:47:14 PM »
Hi all

Just wonder if you can help, I have been assigned task to configure our Micollab client to become ACD agent

1. first about license, with the extension (UC endpoint device type) that is using Micollab, the ACD Enabled option is grey out. This option is only available if I set device type to use IP Devices license. How can I enable this option with UC endpoint type or I need a special license for this

2. Any steps of how to configure the extension to become ACD agent, mainly the ability from Micollab client to log in/log off from  the agent group/queue, button to make it busy

3. Have you used the Ignite software and if it is benefit to use this in parallel with Micollab client?

thanks for reading and hope someone can shed the light
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:31:58 PM by pacifichydro »

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: Miccolab client with ACD agent
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:02:28 PM »
The Ignite client docks with the MiCollab client and provides access to join/leave queues and set/remove make busy.

Offline pacifichydro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »
Thanks Vince

Below are the steps I believe I will try to configure hotdesk soft phone:

1. Configure extension with Device Type of IP 5020 or 5220 (will use Minet protocol which is required for ACD). Currently it have been setup as UC Endpoint for normal soft phone only

2. tick with ACD agent option in this extension

3. Configure class of service, class of restriction

4. Configure Keys if need

5. Now the Mitel Micollab will have a button call ACD agent where you can set status and log in/log out of queue

6. Have not seen Ignite so cannot comment the function of the software

If anyone can verify the settings that would be perfect

thanks

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 07:08:59 PM »
Do you have MiCC?
MiCC with Ignite/MiCollab is really how this should be done.

The problem is that you need 2 user licenses for the Softphone/ACD portion.
Create a standard softphone user and then also a Hotdesk ACD user.
You then hotdesk onto the softphone device and use Ignite for all your ACD tasks like Make Busy, Group Presence etc...

Offline pacifichydro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 08:17:52 PM »
Yes I got MICC

So basically

create standard sofphone with UC Endpoint license, do I have to assign extension for that?
create another user as Hotdesk ACD user (what license should i use, is it a normal 5340 IP license)?
can you please clarify "you then hotdesk onto the softphone device"?

thanks Samond

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 02:54:31 PM »
you MUST use a 5020.
You CAN use an IP Device Only as the underlying softphone that will take the hotdesk user login. So you don't need two licenses
You CANNOT use the ACD feature tab "thingy if you are using ACD Hotdesking. So things like Make Busy, presence MUST be controlled via Ignite
Login is a little cumbersome but if you use the web Ignite version, you can be logged in automatically. In the web version you can configure a base device and your pin code to login (I haven't tested this on the softphone yet but it works on hard phone)

You create the user with two devices - only use one license for the hotdesk. You obviously need ACD active agent licenses. a 5020 and a hotdesk user.

I have some screenshots but not sure how to add them. hope this helps

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 12:57:11 PM »
you MUST use a 5020.
You CAN use an IP Device Only as the underlying softphone that will take the hotdesk user login. So you don't need two licenses
You CANNOT use the ACD feature tab "thingy if you are using ACD Hotdesking. So things like Make Busy, presence MUST be controlled via Ignite
Login is a little cumbersome but if you use the web Ignite version, you can be logged in automatically. In the web version you can configure a base device and your pin code to login (I haven't tested this on the softphone yet but it works on hard phone)

You create the user with two devices - only use one license for the hotdesk. You obviously need ACD active agent licenses. a 5020 and a hotdesk user.

I have some screenshots but not sure how to add them. hope this helps

Here are the screenshots

Offline pacifichydro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2017, 08:48:41 PM »
thanks all i made this work with your help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10