Author Topic: Extension mapped to direct number without Direct Inward Dialling  (Read 4011 times)

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
Hello. I inherited a Mitel 3300 ICP. While on the Mitel web interface, I have been trying to find out which extensions have direct numbers. I know that the receptionist's Mitel IP phone extension can be called directly from outside the organisation and have tested it and it works. However, I checked the Direct Inward Dialing Service form, but there are no entries. Also checked the Trunk Attributes form and there are are number of entries, but Direct Inward Dialing Service is set to Off for all entries.

Is there some other form that I need to check? Is it possible that the receptionist's extension was mapped to a direct number without using Direct Inward Dialling?

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Extension mapped to direct number without Direct Inward Dialling
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »
If you are not using Direct Inward Dialing Services also check (for SIP trunks) the "SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID" and "SIP Peer Profile Called Party Inward Dialing Modification" forms (values defined in "Inward Dialing Modification" form).  Also have a look at System Speed Calls form if there is any mapping.

It is also possible that the carrier is sending numbers that match the internal extensions already, then no modification is needed, you can find out by issuing CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINUOUS command or SIP TCPDUMP ON (for SIP trunk only) and analyze the pcap file in WireShark. I hope it helped.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
DID's always used to be done in System Speed Call form before the DID forms were introduced. Look there.

Offline synthesis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 05:24:30 AM »
If you are not using Direct Inward Dialing Services also check (for SIP trunks) the "SIP Peer Profile Assignment by Incoming DID" and "SIP Peer Profile Called Party Inward Dialing Modification" forms (values defined in "Inward Dialing Modification" form).  Also have a look at System Speed Calls form if there is any mapping.

It is also possible that the carrier is sending numbers that match the internal extensions already, then no modification is needed, you can find out by issuing CCS TRACE ENABLE CONTINUOUS command or SIP TCPDUMP ON (for SIP trunk only) and analyze the pcap file in WireShark. I hope it helped.

I checked the above forms but I did not find any mapping of an internal extension to an external number. Also, the internal extension number is not part of the external number i.e. the last four digits of the external number do not match the four digit internal extension number, even though dialing this external number will ring the internal extension.

However, I ended up finding the mapping. It was added to Keys tab under the User and Services Configuration form with the following settings:

Line Type: Single Line
Button Dir. Number: (last four digits of the external number entered here) e.g. 1234
Ring Type: Ring

The number entered under Button Dir. Number was also added to the Multiline Appearance Groups form with the following settings:

Group Directory Number: (last four digits of the external number entered here) e.g. 1234
Group Type: single line

The last four digits of the external number (1234) have also been added to the Call Rerouting form, but are not rerouted to another number.

Using the maintenance command LOCATE NUMBER 1234 tells me that this number is a Non Prime Broadcast Group.

I have noticed that the Multiline Appearance Groups form contains numerous other Non Prime Broadcast Group numbers. How can I find out which of these Non Prime Broadcast Group numbers have been provided by the service provider, so that I can map them to other extensions so that they can receive external calls directly?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:09:07 AM »
The only way to really know what had DID numbers assigned and what doesn't, is to first call your carrier and find out what your DID ranges are.
Then,
if your extension matches one of the numbers in the ranges - it's a DID.
If you have a speed dial within that range - whatever it points to - it's a DID.
If you're using the DID Service for - then if the numbers are in the ranges, they are DIDs.
Numbers may also be affected by the Inward Dialing Modification form so that will have to be checked.

It all starts with knowing what your actual ranges are.  The only way to know that is to have your carrier tell you.

Ralph

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
Look in your ring/hunt group settings.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10