Author Topic: SLM-4 vs Integrated SL ports  (Read 1686 times)

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
SLM-4 vs Integrated SL ports
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:50:48 PM »
Hi, is there any difference in using the analog station ports provided on an SLM-4 card vs using the integrated SL 1-2, SL3-4 ports? 

I need to configure 4 analog stations (fax machines) on my 5000 and we have an SLM-4 card and the integrated.  I was wondering if there are any advantages / disadvantages to using one over the other.

Thank you!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: SLM-4 vs Integrated SL ports
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 04:36:39 PM »
No difference.  Wiring is same.  Programming same except when initially configuring extensions on-board ports are in SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/SINGLE LINE PORTS, those on the module are in SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/BAY X/SINGLE LINE MODULE-4

Offline dhumes0524

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:50:53 PM »
Thank you!

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »
If the built in port fails, you have to replace then entire motherboard, which can be a pain.
Using an SLM-4, if it fails,  very easy to replace card without shutting down system.

Just sayin...

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »
dhumes0524,

The only difference between the built-in Single Line ports and the Single Line Module is that the first 2 built-in Single Line ports are set to connect to the first 2 built-in Loop Start ports on a power-fail of the system.

Typically you would try to make sure you use POTS lines that would need to be accessible after a power fail if the customer is using POTS lines as their main incoming lines. This way on a power fail they could just plug in analog phones at designated ports and continue to accept calls.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10