Author Topic: Aastra phone on the 5000/250  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Aastra phone on the 5000/250
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »
In our office, we have a couple of boxes of Aastra phones that we had to take back from a cloud customer. 
On a whim, I decided to see how difficult it would be to install one on our phone system.
It took 10 minutes.
Using just the keypad interface.
In the phone system, I created a SIP phone, and programmed the Inbound Authentication in the SIP profile with the Extension number, and a password.
On the phone itself, I set up the SIP connection with the Proxy Server and the Registration Server both set to the IP address of the phone system, and the Phone Number,Caller ID, and Authentication Name to be the extension of the phone, and the password to be the authentication password set up in the phone system.

Boom, it was done.

The model I installed was the 6867i
Firmware Information
Attribute   Value
Firmware Version   4.2.0.2023
Firmware Release Code   SIP
Date/Time   Jun 16 2016 03:47:55
Boot Version   Boot2 1.0.1.A Jun 16 2016 03:40

The phone system is running 6.2

I really like the look and feel of this phone.  It doesn't have full features, but in some scenarios, I can see this being very handy. And since we have incentive to get these devices off of our shelf, I can see us undercutting Amazon and other internet stores for customers interested in a cheap "IP phone".

« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:51:04 AM by Curtis-at-Travis »

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
Re: Aastra phone on the 5000/250
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 04:51:04 PM »
It's always a good feeling when you get unsupported hardware to work the way you want.
I had a similar story from the past week- Customer was going from a hosted solution to an on-premise PBX because of complaints of dropped calls. I got their Aastra 6757i phones to work on a FortiVoice. Only feature I could confirm as not working was the message waiting indicator, so I just setup voicemail-to-email and no one even notices the difference.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10