Author Topic: Recalling on hold ???  (Read 2062 times)

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Recalling on hold ???
« on: March 22, 2017, 11:24:36 AM »
Hi,

Receptionist is experiencing this issue with "Recalling on hold" via the Mitel console. When she answers the "recalling on hold", it turns out to be one of the service advisers is having a conversion with a customer. The call then turns into a three way conversion after the receptionist answers the "recalling on hold". When she hangs up, it hangs up for all.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:26:25 AM by ryantg »

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recalling on hold ???
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 11:29:51 AM »
Are the service advisors off-site or forwarding calls somehow? If so, try extending the Unsupervised CO timer. The default is 5 minutes.

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:01 AM »
Hi DND ON. We did discover they we're putting calls on hold by pressing the transfer button, then putting the phone on the side :o It could be one member is still doing it. But from what we can find, this recall issue happens whilst the service adviser is on the phone to a customer.

I'll adjust the timer and see what happens  :)

Many thanks

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 11:52:20 AM »
Plus the call says internal "IC" Which is confusing me

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
Sounds like the receptionist is an announcement or overflow point for a hunt group... remember that those are ONLY for recordings/CRA, etc and not actual extensions.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 02:53:16 PM »
The Recall you are experiencing is a Conference recall.  It sounds to me that the transfer is going "off-site" via a CO trunk, and this now becomes an Unattended Conference. 
When the Unattended Conference Timer (Default-10 Minutes) expires, the call is Recalling back to the Attendant.  This is why she is hearing both parties on the line.  When she hangs up, she is killing the conference.

Extend the the Unattended Conference Timer to the max of 255 minutes, and this will solve this problem for most calls.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »
There is no Unattended Conference timer on a 5000. The correct timer is Unsupervised CO.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:38 AM »
Guys,

There are two different timers that could be causing this, but they act a little differently depending on software version.

System > Timers and Limits > Unsupervised CO: [1-255]

Unsupervised CO: Limits the duration of outside calls transferred or forwarded to outside numbers before recalling the primary attendant.

System > Conference-Related Information > Meet-Me Conferencing > Unsupervised CO Conference Timer: [1-255]

Unsupervised CO Conference Timer: After one hour, the system will end a Meet-Me Conference containing only outside parties unless a participant dials “1” when prompted to extend the conference. If extended, this prompt will repeat at an interval determined by the Unsupervised CO Conference timer. The range is 1-255 minutes; the default is 15 minutes. Note that parties will not be prompted within the first hour of a conference. If an internal party joins the conference, the timer is canceled.

This timer however used to act similar to the Unsupervised CO timer when it was first introduced.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 12:42:04 PM »
TE: agreed, but Meet Me Conferencing wasn't mentioned by the OP. It would be very unlikely that Meet Me Conferencing would be utilized in the situation described.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 01:37:40 PM »
That Meet Me Conferencing timer is also the timer that controls calls that were transferred outside.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10