Author Topic: Network Elements form  (Read 1173 times)

Offline ausername

• View Profile
Network Elements form
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:42:35 AM »
Hey guys, 

The "Name" field in our Network Elements form is really primitive.  It's the name of our organization.  The goal here is to push the pbx's certificate found in the Help files onto every user's certificate store with group policies and then have them access the mitel desktop tool login page with a more descriptive name instead of "https://nameOfOurOrganization".

We've already configured a DNS entry for MitelPBX to 192.168.0.29 (which is the pbx IP).

In the Network Elements form, if we change the name currently present to "MitelPBX", will that affect other features of the pbx or it simply renames the PBX?

Let me know,

thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Network Elements form
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 02:04:35 PM »
Hey guys, 

The "Name" field in our Network Elements form is really primitive.  It's the name of our organization.  The goal here is to push the pbx's certificate found in the Help files onto every user's certificate store with group policies and then have them access the mitel desktop tool login page with a more descriptive name instead of "https://nameOfOurOrganization".

We've already configured a DNS entry for MitelPBX to 192.168.0.29 (which is the pbx IP).

In the Network Elements form, if we change the name currently present to "MitelPBX", will that affect other features of the pbx or it simply renames the PBX?

Let me know,

thanks!
Is this a networked system or stand-alone PBX? If networked or clustered, this could have bigger implications, but if stand-alone it likely would be fine. As always, backup first...

Offline ausername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:42:46 PM »
yeah, it's a stand-alone PBX

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 04:10:09 PM »
Changing the system name in Network Elements requires a reboot to take effect. Also, you may need to populate the "Host Name" field in System IP Properties for the DNS name to work correctly.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10