Author Topic: MBG - NIC unresponsive  (Read 1676 times)

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
MBG - NIC unresponsive
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:54:02 AM »
Having updated an MBG to 10.5.17.0 we have lost NIC connectivity (although the MBG can Ping itself.)

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: MBG - NIC unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
Having updated an MBG to 10.5.17.0 we have lost NIC connectivity (although the MBG can Ping itself.)

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks
Sorry, need more info than that, from what version, what hardware platform, etc... I have done lots of MBG updates, never seen this issue unless the hardware was depreciated.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 12:40:41 PM »
Sorry, it was from 10.5.15.0 to 10.5.17.0 on a HP DL320G5.  We have been upgrading since v8 and never had this issue before.

On booting the server responds to pings for a few seconds and then stops.  If you are quick you can get on to the Web interface but this also stops working.  The Console interface works and you can get into server manager.  Test connection to the AMC fails however.

Thanks

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:08:04 PM »
If the loopback ping works but a client starts to ping at boot, then stops, it sounds like the switch is deactivating the switch port.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 03:26:44 PM »
I can follow that logic, except that the HP iLO shares the internal Physical NIC and that is still accessible so I think it must be internal to the Mitel MBG.  Would that sound logical? 

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:36:28 PM »
I can follow that logic, except that the HP iLO shares the internal Physical NIC and that is still accessible so I think it must be internal to the Mitel MBG.  Would that sound logical? 

Thanks
Set a static IP address on your laptop in the same subnet as the MBG and run a patch cord directly from your laptop to the MBG ethernet port and see if you can access it.

I am assuming you checked the configuration in the terminal and verified everything is setup correctly?

Of course, since you just upgraded you did a backup before you started, right? :)  Just do a clean install and restore...

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 05:32:39 AM »
Hi,

Yes I did the test with a laptop connected directly, still no replies to ping apart from straight after a reboot for a few seconds.

I do have a backup, but as the End user not the reseller I don't have the iso to do the reinstall.  I'm waiting a callback from our support company to try to get the iso downloaded.  Annoying that I can do the install but can't download the files!

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 08:35:56 AM »
Hi,

Yes I did the test with a laptop connected directly, still no replies to ping apart from straight after a reboot for a few seconds.

I do have a backup, but as the End user not the reseller I don't have the iso to do the reinstall.  I'm waiting a callback from our support company to try to get the iso downloaded.  Annoying that I can do the install but can't download the files!

Thanks
You will probably have to engage your reseller anyway, this will require AMC access to reset the license too.

Can you connect a monitor and keyboard and check the configuration?

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 09:35:18 AM »
Hi,

Yes I've been on the console.  Can't see any error in the configuration, and logged in as root I can't ping outbound either.  Just waiting on the iso from the reseller at the moment as they say the Mitel download site is down.

Thanks for your help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
Hi,

Yes I've been on the console.  Can't see any error in the configuration, and logged in as root I can't ping outbound either.  Just waiting on the iso from the reseller at the moment as they say the Mitel download site is down.

Thanks for your help.
Sounds like a good time to virtualize it...  ;D

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 02:32:47 PM »
That's what my resellers tech said too!  I doubt that I can just get them to put the Virtual license onto it and let me install & configure.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 02:41:25 PM »
That's what my resellers tech said too!  I doubt that I can just get them to put the Virtual license onto it and let me install & configure.
The physical to virtual license is free, at least in the US it is... although we usually charge a modest fee for it to the customer. 

Your call I guess, depends how quickly you need it up and working, but I would considered it anyway.

You will need to involve your dealer either way, the AMC record will need to have the system ID cleared.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »
The physical to virtual license is free, at least in the US it is... although we usually charge a modest fee for it to the customer. 

Your call I guess, depends how quickly you need it up and working, but I would considered it anyway.

You will need to involve your dealer either way, the AMC record will need to have the system ID cleared.

We still have to pay for physical to virtual license conversion in Australia.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2017, 11:25:22 PM »
any logs in /var/log/message indicating a h/w or driver issue with that nic?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10