Author Topic: 3300 8.0 MXe transfer to VM issue  (Read 1141 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
3300 8.0 MXe transfer to VM issue
« on: March 16, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »
I am having trouble getting direct transfer to VM working. Customer has a 3300 MXe 8.0 with NuPoint on a MiCollab server. The Hunt GP for the vm is 2500. and the customer has 5330e sets. I have tried several different scenarios.

Call comes in, they press transfer key, press the message button and one of the DSS keys, just as edocs says to do if they hang up to complete transfer, it rings the calling set until the CFNA timer expires and then goes to their VM.

Call comes in, press transfer, 2500 (or the speedial key associated), press the DSS key if they hang up to complete transfer, the caller hears "we didn't get your password, please enter your password".

Call comes in, press transfer, 2500* and enter the DN/MB number and if they hang up to complete transfer, the caller hears "we didn't get your password, please enter your password".

Call comes in, press transfer, 2500 (or the speedial key associated), short pause, press * and press the DSS key and nothing happens, if they hang up to complete transfer, the caller hears .

Call comes in, press transfer, 2500 (or the speedial key associated), short pause, press * and enter the DN/MB number and if they hang up to complete transfer, the caller gets the recipient's vm so they can leave a message.

The final one achieves it, but is cumbersome...what am I missing?

Thanks, Jim
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:46:37 PM by Crowtalks »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: 3300 8.0 MXe transfer to VM issue
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:15:19 PM »
No need to press the transfer button if they have a message key. Maybe too many steps is confusing the system

"To transfer the call to a voice mailbox, simply press the Message key, and then dial the destination extension (or use a DSS or Speedcall key)"

The transfer key is only needed if visual vm is programmed.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:44:21 PM »
Sorry, I mistakenly skipped that scenario where I pressed the message key without first pressing transfer (it does place the caller on hold) and then pressed the DSS key for the intended recipient and it rings their phone until the CFNA timer expires, then it sends it to VM...no direct path to VM...it appears, in this instance, that the message key is simply acting like a transfer key.

Thanks, Jim
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:49:48 PM by Crowtalks »

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 01:55:20 PM »
Possibly visual voice mail interfering?

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 05:12:38 PM »
I figured out the issue.

I hadn't added the voicemail DN to the Call Coverage form...once I did that it started working as it should.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10