Author Topic: Mitel 5330 missing apps and Web Interface options  (Read 3801 times)

Offline pinball_newf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 5330 missing apps and Web Interface options
« on: March 15, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
Hi, I've recently acquired several 5330 phones.  This is my first Mitel experience.  Reading through various docs, I've gotten them in SIP mode and connected properly and they can perform basic call handling.  However, all the applications referenced in the docs seem to be missing.  Under the applications key , there is only settings. cordless, and call history.  Under settings there is only text size.

The web UI has a quick start page to provision SIP settings, but nothing else.  It seems there should be a menu on the left side with various config options, I have none of that.

Is this a function of old firmware?  They've firmware 06.03.03.05.  I've gone through the teleworker process and 'public' server described elsewhere and this is the firmware it downloaded.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5330 missing apps and Web Interface options
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »
Hi, I've recently acquired several 5330 phones.  This is my first Mitel experience.  Reading through various docs, I've gotten them in SIP mode and connected properly and they can perform basic call handling.  However, all the applications referenced in the docs seem to be missing.  Under the applications key , there is only settings. cordless, and call history.  Under settings there is only text size.

The web UI has a quick start page to provision SIP settings, but nothing else.  It seems there should be a menu on the left side with various config options, I have none of that.

Is this a function of old firmware?  They've firmware 06.03.03.05.  I've gone through the teleworker process and 'public' server described elsewhere and this is the firmware it downloaded.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, your firmware is VERY old... Mitel last publicly released SIP software for these devices in 2009, and your version if from 2006. Mitel quite supporting 3rd party SIP connectivity in 2009.

A user here was offering up their Mitel Border Gateway to allow SIP devices to pull the latest version 13 (I think, haven't touched a Mitel SIP phone in a while) SIP firmware... You have to put the phone in MiNET mode, connect to the MBG and allow it to download and flash, then switch to SIP mode. I can't seem to find the link at the moment though.

This might help: https://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Mitel+SIP+Firmware

Offline pinball_newf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 04:25:43 PM »
I found that post, unfortunately for some reason it can't upgrade.  It goes to the version I posted and that's it.  Perhaps it's just too old to upgrade using the MBG method,  :(

If anyone had firmwares for this I'd appreciate it - I've tried loading every firmware I can find, I don't have a working L2Boot file [phone says L2 DL Err] and am unsure of the version I actually do have.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:58:20 PM »
I found that post, unfortunately for some reason it can't upgrade.  It goes to the version I posted and that's it.  Perhaps it's just too old to upgrade using the MBG method,  :(

If anyone had firmwares for this I'd appreciate it - I've tried loading every firmware I can find, I don't have a working L2Boot file [phone says L2 DL Err] and am unsure of the version I actually do have.
Did you put them back in MiNET mode before doing the upgrade?

Offline pinball_newf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »
Yep, they did connect, and download an update and flash it.  They went from 06.03.03.02 to 06.03.03.05.  Now they just ask for TW Password when I try, so I assume that means there are no further updates that apply.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 11:18:29 PM »
Yep, they did connect, and download an update and flash it.  They went from 06.03.03.02 to 06.03.03.05.  Now they just ask for TW Password when I try, so I assume that means there are no further updates that apply.
That is correct... now delete the TW settings and switch to SIP mode, it should have newer firmware I believe (sorry, I am out of the office and haven't tried this in quite a while). Remember that MiNET firmware version and SIP firmware version are NOT the same, when you put it in SIP mode you should see a different firmware version.

Offline pinball_newf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 07:25:21 PM »
Hi, I did put it back in SIP mode.  And the firmware sadly doesn't change.
Seems to be stuck. 

I will try once more.

Offline pinball_newf

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »
Confirmed FW rev does not change between SIP and MiNet - and no more firmware comes from the MBG.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 11:08:00 AM »
However, all the applications referenced in the docs seem to be missing.  Under the applications key ,
Are these docs for sip mode or minet? I have a 5330 in sip and those listed are what I see

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10