Author Topic: Extension - Telephone bell Issue  (Read 1711 times)

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Extension - Telephone bell Issue
« on: March 10, 2017, 07:42:01 AM »
Hi,

We have a Telephone bell connected to the Mitel 5000 system (BT Loud bell). Its used for are salesman team. Its in a hunt group, and we've have had no problems. Until the very start of this year. The Extension for the Telephone bell went offline. I connected to the MiVoice Office 250 system, then connected to "System Monitoring" to reset the phone from there. After resetting, the bell works again. Friend of mine who knows more about this than i do thinks that the Extension number is automatically switching off because no outbound calls are made on that extension number.

Thing is, that Extension was working fine last year.

Its keeps happening every 4-5 days. You can ring the Extension directly and it will ring no problems. But when you ring the main line, press 1 for sales etc. The bell simply wont ring...

Everything looks correct like flags, "replace" hunt group. It all looks ok.

All i can gather is that :

*its not being removed from the hunt group
*resetting the Extension resolves the problem temporally. 4-5 days max
*After 1st January, the extension number switched itself "offline"

Anyone have any ideas where to go from here??

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Extension - Telephone bell Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 08:26:33 AM »
It's an all-ring hunt group (only member is an extension list), right?  And it's not flagged as an ACD group, which would require agent log in?
My next step would be to remove and recreate the extension, sometimes a flag gets messed up.  Find that extension in SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/SINGLE LINE PORTS or SYSTEM/CONTROLLER/BAY X and change that port to NONE.  Then change it back to SINGLE LINE, assign extension.  Remember to put that extension back into the EXTENSION LIST for the hunt group.
Even better, if you have a SL port that's unused move the ringer to that one, and put that one in the EXTENSION LIST.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »
ryantg,

Is the ringer connected via a single line port or is it a SIP device?

Typically it would be an analog device so try dwayneg's solution, but a single line port won't show offline even if nothing is hooked to it unless their is an issue with it being off-hook for too long or it is shorted out somehow. Try moving the bell to another port and see if the problem follows the device.

Thanks,

TE

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 01:56:57 PM »
Does it have an Extension ID? If it does not it will usually still ring when extension dialed, but will not when calling from outside. Voice Mail needs to know the extension exists.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
pexecutone,

ryantg already stated that the device was in a hunt group so it wouldn't matter if voice mail knew about an individual extension within it or not.

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 08:23:35 PM »
... Friend of mine who knows more about this than i do thinks that the Extension number is automatically switching off because no outbound calls are made on that extension number. ... 

Nonsense.

What's the REN on the bell? Refer to the manual on Ring Zones and Extended Ring Cadences.

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
Thanks guys! I've done the following. Removed the extension from none. Then back to single line. Reassigned the extension number, and placed back into the ring all hunt group. It usually stops working after 4-5 days so well see what happens on Friday this week. If this works.. You guys are awesome!  ;D

This thing has been a nightmare!

One thing I've noticed is the bell rings differently now. Easy fix I'm sure. Any suggestions how i can fix this?

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2017, 10:16:19 AM »
Fixed the ringtone issue. Bell would ring in small bursts. In Flags its called Extended Ring Cadence. See how the week goes.

Thanks again dwayneg!

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 04:34:32 AM »
..Nop.... Phone switched off Saturday morning!.. What could it be... The analogue line isn't making any calls outbound as its just simply a telephone bell. It's lasted about a month before switching itself off.

Any ideas?  :-\
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:39:36 AM by ryantg »

Offline ryantg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 05:23:14 AM »
I'm wondering if its the Mitel system thinking the line is dead.. When it isn't or something..

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 07:46:26 AM »
ryantg,

If you have an open single line port move the device over to that. If the problem follows then get someone to either change out the bell or check the cable's impedence on the line with a Z-meter. The only reason a single line goes to offline is if it is off-hook for too long and it needs to be shutdown by the system or it is a bad port; either way change the bell to a different single line port and check.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10