Author Topic: Will AIN Licence work without expansion license on Mitel A470  (Read 1685 times)

Offline srirammig112

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi,
We have 2 Mitel A-470 systems which needs to be configured in a Master- Satellite environment .
At present both the systems have 60 days trial licenses activated on them .Of these 2 systems one system has expansion license which we are configuring as satellite system.
The second system doesn't have expansion license and this system has to be configured as Master.
We have been provided AIN license but that has been clubbed to second system that doesn't have expansion license.
Therefore,we want your opinion whether we can apply this AIN license to the second system and need to activate expansion license first on 2nd system(PBX).

Offline zoo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Will AIN Licence work without expansion license on Mitel A470
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
Bit confused here...On Master-Satelite config, all licenes are on Master site. Satelite should have only release license...
If sum of all users on Master+Satelite config exceeds 35 users, you need expansion license but on Master, not Satelite.
If you already applied license on Satellite system, they can't be used anymore in new setup. You have to order new set of licenses and apply all to Master (unless Mitel come to play and re-assign license but don't hold your breath, tried that and got answer that can't be done).
BR

Offline srirammig112

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 12:00:35 AM »
Thank you so much dear Zoo(request you to plz let me know your real name) for replying.Now the only option that I have is to swap the CPU of the satellite system with another one that doesn't have expansion license and apply for expansion license on the Master system which has AIN license mapped to its EID.

Offline zoo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »
Yep, that will work...

Regards, Zoran

Offline srirammig112

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »
Dear Zoran(Zoo),
I have replaced CPU1 with a new one ,applied the expansion and AIN licenses and made the system as Master .I have also entered the required details (IP address of Master) in the Satellite system.Both the systems are now connected via AIN .But the problem i face is that
the extensions of both the systems don't talk to each other.I observed one thing which is that the Satellite system doesn't allow me to make any changes in Media resources tab where we allocate the VOIP channels.This happens when the Satellite is communicating to the Master.In Private networking>AIN >general i can see that Satellite is in connected state with the Master and Master also shows the same at the other end.Is there any other settings apart from this which needs to be programmed? Could you please help me get through this?

Thank you in Advance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10