Author Topic: MiCollab 7.1 pointing to previous ext of user  (Read 1383 times)

Offline mpmcquade

• Contributer
    • View Profile
MiCollab 7.1 pointing to previous ext of user
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
I have a user that moved to a new dept and has a new extension.  The old extension is in use by a new employee.  Ext. 3101 belongs to the new employee and the micollab client works as expected - chat and phone presence.  The user who moved, now has extension 3136 and the micollab client, when opened, will not put the chat bubble up and is unavailable for chat.  The phone, whether hotdesked in or not, shows constant green.  The interesting part is when 3101 opens micollab, the chat bubble shows up on both users micollab clients and phone presence appears to be tied to that extension.  The 3101 extension is part of a ring group of 3 extension for our receptionists and they are non-hotdesk users.  The name was changed on the micollab (mas) server for the new employee.  The user who moved is a hotdesk, ACD user with a new, AD sync'd user record on the MAS and the phones associated to the user record via MCD.   I'm at a loss as to how to get the relocated user's (3136) micollab client to associate with the new extension instead of the previous one (3101).

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab 7.1 pointing to previous ext of user
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:17:30 PM »
I would start by comparing the two users in the Users and Services section of MiCollab.
I'd check the Distinguished name and the phones configured in the phones tab.
And then look in the NuPoint, MiCollab Client, and AWV tabs to ensure the correct extension is in there for each user.

Offline mpmcquade

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply Vince.  I've done the comparison you suggested many times.  In fact, when I check the contact information from my MiCollab client, the correct extensions are showing for each user.  The MiCollab client on each user has been uninstalled including deleting the UC folder in the local profile, and reinstalled.  Still no luck.  It seems like the MiCollab server is somehow caching the relocated users extension and when she logs into the client it still points to it.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 07:00:34 PM »
Have a look on the MiCollab server, in the MiCollab Client server and under accounts check that user's "phones" to see what it says.

Offline mpmcquade

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
The Phones in MiCollab Server under Account Details show the hotdesk extension (3136) and a softphone (31*36).  Both are correct.  It also shows the pilot number for the nupoint voicemail group.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 05:54:33 PM »
One thing I've had with extensions a couple of times I've had to fix them like this:
do a LOC FEA EXT nnnn
then do a BUSY on the PLID
then do a RTS on on it

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10