Author Topic: UC360's - Changed WAN Circuits  (Read 1102 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
UC360's - Changed WAN Circuits
« on: March 07, 2017, 03:29:09 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
I got me a strange issue, hopefully some one can lend some insight. We have a Teleworker customer at four sites. They are changing over to a new WAN provider. They have both Mitel branded 5330e/5340e's and UC360's at all sites. Two sites have thus far changed to different WAN Providers. The customer is telling me they changed only the circuit and re-configured the router with the new WAN IP info. Upon doing this they noticed all the UC360 were no longer working. The Mitel 5330's and 5340's were just fine and they registered to the MBG with no issue.

Site 1
1) I verified all Teleworker settings on the MBG and had the customer verify on the UC360 that all settings were intact (I even had him export me an XML config and I reviewed)
2) I took a UC360 we have here in the office (Yep, I'm a remote Tech) and imported the XML config and it connected to the MBG no problem. So I Know the config is good on both ends.
3) The customer left the UC360's unplugged over a weekend and on Monday morning plugged them back in and they started working again (The DHCP handed out new IP addresses) Paid no mind to it, I was just glad they were working again.

Site 2
1) Same thing, I checked the Teleworker settings on the MBG and had the customer do so on their end too. (Again, had them export me a config to review)
2) Took our UC360 here in my office and imported the config, worked like a champ. And again, I know the config is good on both ends.
3) This is where I'm at now.....I believe it is IP address related and I've informed the customer to unplug the UC360 and dump the ARP tables on their router and then plug the UC360 back in so that it will pick up a new IP address, and hopefully connect and work. However the customer is reluctant to do so, and asking us to explore other avenues.

What are your guy's thoughts on this?

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:17:29 PM by irongladiator »

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UC360's - Changed WAN Circuits
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 03:33:28 PM »
Also, wanted to get in there that they did NOT change any Network gear out at all, kept the same router and switches.

I also had them factory default the UC360's and reprogram everything back in by hand (which wasn't much just in the SIP Server Settings).

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 03:35:46 PM by irongladiator »

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 04:17:36 PM »
Almost sounds like the 360's were using the DNS servers from the old ISP. Do the UC360's connect to the MBG via IP address or FQDN?

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 04:20:33 PM »
Almost sounds like the 360's were using the DNS servers from the old ISP. Do the UC360's connect to the MBG via IP address or FQDN?

Hi ZuluAlpha,
The UC360's are set to pick up their network settings dynamically, but the SIP server settings on the UC360 are setup statically.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 04:22:40 PM »
As I clicked "Post"  I realized the DNS server probably isn't at fault as it shouldn't matter if the user's domain name didn't change. The gateway IP for the ISP's equipment could have changed though so I don't know how they would fix it except by Site 2/Step 3 you describe.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 04:24:57 PM »
As I clicked "Post"  I realized the DNS server probably isn't at fault as it shouldn't matter if the user's domain name didn't change. The gateway IP for the ISP's equipment could have changed though so I don't know how they would fix it except by Site 2/Step 3 you describe.

Hi ZuluAlpha,
Ha! No worries. Yep that's what I'm trying to convince them of now. To unplug the UC360's, flush ARP tables on network gear and then plug them back in again.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »
**UPDATE**
The customer left the UC360's unplugged for a few hours, came back, plugged them back in and they are now working. I'm guessing that the expiry time for DHCP leases are pretty short on their routers.

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10