Author Topic: Handset Support in v8  (Read 1539 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
Handset Support in v8
« on: March 03, 2017, 12:42:27 AM »
I checked the release notes and no mention of it, but I have a niggling feeling there might some question over MCD v8 supporting older Mitel handsets?

Anybody come across any issues or have any knowledge of this?

Also, can anybody explain why the MCD v8 Release notes contains a line that says, "refer to the MCD v14... release notes"? I'd expect release notes to be available with the software, but I don't know where these ones are.

And finally, the v8 software downloads are all .ova files - I'm not a server guy so this might be a stupid question, but don't I need .iso files to install this in Hyper-V?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Handset Support in v8
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:27 AM »
I checked the release notes and no mention of it, but I have a niggling feeling there might some question over MCD v8 supporting older Mitel handsets?

Anybody come across any issues or have any knowledge of this?

Also, can anybody explain why the MCD v8 Release notes contains a line that says, "refer to the MCD v14... release notes"? I'd expect release notes to be available with the software, but I don't know where these ones are.

And finally, the v8 software downloads are all .ova files - I'm not a server guy so this might be a stupid question, but don't I need .iso files to install this in Hyper-V?
Depends what you mean by "older handsets", like 5212 or 5207 sets? Yup, works fine... The only set dropped was the 5235 I believe (the one with the touchscreen that uses a stylus)

Versions... well that is interesting and goes WAY back when we went from Release 9 to MCD 4...

3300 Release 8
3300 Release 9
MCD 4 (really 3300 Release 10)
MCD 5 (really 3300 Release 11)
MCD 6 (really 3300 Release 12)
MiVoice Business 7 (really 3300 Release 13)
MiVB 8 (really 3300 Release 14)

Names may have changes, but the versions has really just incremented normally.

Look in the Downloads section again, there is definitely software for the physical platforms, look again for "MiVB 8.0 PR3 For 3300 CX(i), AX, MXe, LX - Software Downloads", it's there... Don't confuse MiVB with vMCD, MiVB is MiVoice Business which is the product line, vMCD means a Virtual MCD (as in virtual hardware).

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 03:07:34 AM »
For Hyper-v you will need to download MSL and MCD ISO files and install the MSL and MCD blade manually as if you would do on physical server. OVA can be only used on VMWare.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 12:25:21 PM »
I think they may have dropped support for the 5140 (original web-enabled phone) and the 5230 (phone that came with an iPaq handheld Palm clone) along with the 5235.

EDIT: Just checked my lab system, those are all still valid programmable set types (including the 5235), so looks like I was wrong.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:31:49 PM by lundah »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10