Author Topic: UC360 downgrade firmware  (Read 3143 times)

Offline mikeh

• View Profile
UC360 downgrade firmware
« on: March 01, 2017, 09:38:37 PM »
I have a customer with several UC360s that they use the MiCollab app to connect to MiCollab Audio/Video conferences. The later units supplied have Ver 2.1.3.12 and the older units are 2.1.2.9. The older units function correctly, however the newer units the video is basically a snapshot every few minutes rather than real-time. They are all using the same Panasonic WV-SP105 cameras with the same settings in both the UC360 and the associated camera. I have tried upgrading the camera firmware with no effect. The only difference appears to be the software ver in the UC360. I would like to downgrade the new units to the version that works but when trying with USB I simply get the message "Software Upgrade not required". Does anybody know of a method to downgrade these units please?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UC360 downgrade firmware
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 07:42:13 AM »
mikeh,

Typically, and according to the Mitel documentation, it only looks for the difference in version numbers so using the version 2.1.2.9 should force it to downgrade itself.

Make sure the XML document that you are using is formatted correctly and the version is different than what is on the device and it should work. I typically get that error you have when the XML is not formatted correctly or it is set to the same version as the what is on the device already.

Thanks,

TE

Offline mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
Hi TE.
Thanks for your response. The xml file looks correct. It is the one I downloaded with the zip file for 2.1.2.9. It is as below. It seems that the UC360 compares the current ver with the ver on the USB and will not accept an earlier version.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<upgrade_profile xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <set_type name="UC360">
       <platform>
            <ver>"L27.INC1.13.1-P1"</ver>
            <ver>"L27.INC1.13.1</ver>
            <load>
                <upgrade_type>system</upgrade_type>
                <version>2.1.2.9</version>
                <load_name>
                    <!-- this segment can have multiple files -->
                    <file type="zip">uc360_2.1.2.9.zip</file>
                </load_name>
                <reboot>yes</reboot>
            </load>
        </platform>
    </set_type>
</upgrade_profile>

Cheers
MikeH

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
mikeh,

I just looked up the downgrade process and here is what I found.

Note: Once the MiVoice Video phone is upgraded to 2.1 SP3, it cannot be downgraded.

Sorry,

TE

Offline mikeh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 03:00:29 PM »
I have found that you can fool the unit by renaming the zip file as a later version and then modifying the xml file to look for that later version. I was then able to fool it into installing the earlier version.
Hope this may be of help to someone else. :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
mikeh,

That is a brilliant idea!

Good One,

TE

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
mikeh,
I know this probably doesn't help you, since you've stated that the units shipped came with 2.1.3.12. But I think it is worth noting that you CAN downgrade (via "Factory Reset") a UC360 past 2.1 SP3, but ONLY if it was shipped with lower firmware. An example is that I have a UC360 that currently has 2.1.5.3 (which is the latest/greatest at the time of this writing). If I do this:

It will bring about this screen:

After you checkmark the option "Restore Factory Default Firmware" and then select "Factory Reset", you'll be brought to this screen:

Once you press "Factory Reset" on this confirmation screen, there is no turning back. Obviously this deletes EVERYTHING that was programmed on the UC360, but at least you can go back to the Out of the Box firmware (for me it was 1.0.0.26 - You can see mine was one of the 1st ;) ) and then if need be, restore to the known working firmware (Go to MoL to obtain the firmware needed). Setting the units back up is not too difficult especially if you have more than one UC360. I'll use an export off of one of those then use XML word pad and modify the username/login and then import.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
mikeh,
I didn't see your previous solution/workaround, NICE!

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10