Author Topic: Route call based on Caller ID NAME  (Read 1667 times)

Offline fishermitchellg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Route call based on Caller ID NAME
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:16:37 AM »
Good Morning,
           i see that you are able to route calls based on the numeric caller ID, but i am needing to know if its possible to route based on the name displayed? for instance if it says "BOBS ELECTRONICS", route to a certain queue.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Route call based on Caller ID NAME
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 05:44:39 PM »
Good Morning,
           i see that you are able to route calls based on the numeric caller ID, but i am needing to know if its possible to route based on the name displayed? for instance if it says "BOBS ELECTRONICS", route to a certain queue.
No, this is not possible in the system.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
I haven't seen anyone sending different name with the same caller id number. If they are, a change on their end would be whereto find the fix IMHO

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 03:49:11 AM »
i see that you are able to route calls based on the numeric caller ID

For caller ID and name routing we are using our IVR system that can do it very easily, but I wonder how it can be done inside the 3300 ICP.

Can it be done in similar manner as described here? http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6733.0

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
i see that you are able to route calls based on the numeric caller ID

For caller ID and name routing we are using our IVR system that can do it very easily, but I wonder how it can be done inside the 3300 ICP.

Can it be done in similar manner as described here? http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6733.0

That works with numbers but wouldn't work for him if he wants to route based on name.

Ralph

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 11:55:27 AM »
That works with numbers but wouldn't work for him if he wants to route based on name.

Do you mean the similar setup as described here works for numbers http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6733.0 or is there any other document?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:08 PM »
There isn't any other documents.  I'm not recommending using it because it adds a lot of complexity to the system and requires twice as much processing power.  I only wrote that because it had been bugging me for years that it couldn't be done.  Now that I've done it, I'm moving on.
But, if you needed it to work by routing by numbers I think there are better ways.  If you tried to do it the way we talked about above it would get really complex really fast.  Not worth the effort IMHO.  I think Mitel has a PraireFyre solution that will do that.  Ive also done it with with the carrier routing certain numbers to different queues.

Now after having gone down that rabbit hole, fishermitchellg wants to route by name.   I'm interested as to why he'd like to route by name rather than number unless the caller has a lot of different numbers calling it and he's trying to simplify.  If that's the case then none of our solutions would be a good fit.  It won't simplify anything.  A good tech could program something up but if the tech ever left for green pastures then no one would be able to deconstruct what was done.

Ralph

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:46 AM »
I think Mitel should add support for this. I would raise a change request for this but I'm not sure what amount to put in the revenue/cost justification for this.

For me it was less pain to solve the problem by adding a simple feature into the IVR I mentioned earlier. Basically what the IVR is doing it looks into the name in From header and based on that it replies with 302 Moved Temporarily message that contains the target number.

Offline fishermitchellg

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 05:28:14 PM »
Ralph, you nailed it. Lets say 'BOBS ELECTRONICS' is a national chain. THey may have 300 different numbers, but the one constant is the caller id display

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10