Author Topic: How to export voice recording  (Read 4260 times)

Offline eia

• View Profile
How to export voice recording
« on: March 01, 2017, 09:01:22 AM »
Hello,
We have a voice recording for the automated attendant. Can anyone point me to where it's located and whether or not it can be exported and imported into another system?
Thanks!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How to export voice recording
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »
eia,

That is sort of a loaded question and here is why.

It depends on what Voice Mail you have and what Voice Mail it is going to.
   a. Is it the embedded voice mail on the MiVO-250 going to an embedded on a MiVO-250?
   b. Is it an embedded voice mail on the MiVO-250 going to an external Voice Mail (NuPoint)?
   c. Is it an external voice mail (Enterprise Messaging Server) going to the embedded MiVO-250?
   d. Is it an external voice mail (Enterprise Messaging Server) going to the an external voice mail (NuPoint)?
   etc.. etc..

There are different ways to handle each scenario and some are good and some are not.
    a. Go to Operations > Voice Processor Operations > Voice Processor Save. Pick the recording number you want to save and then reload it in to the new system; caveat it has to be the same recording number on both systems.
    b. You will need a 3rd party device that records the message and then plays it back into the new one.
    c. You will need a 3rd party device that records the message and then plays it back into the new one. If you can get the Rhetorix to .wav conversion tool you can play it back into the new MiVO-250.
    d. You will need a 3rd party device that records the message and then plays it back into the new one.

For the most part if you are not exchanging between the same voice mail system it most likely will require a 3rd party device.

Thanks,

TE

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply. For now we are just looking to export the audio recorded by people for the auto answer.
I tried the menu options you mentioned under "Operations > Voice Processor Operations > Voice Processor Save but we aren't sure how to save to a network drive. By default it pops up with a drive letter "u:\". I'm assuming this is the little usb key on the device?
It looks like we can can change the save location to a windows box per the help snippet below but i'm not sure what kind of syntax it's looking for?

For a Windows or NFS location, the Hostname field is enabled. Enter a hostname of a computer on the network for the path in the the Hostname field. The Hostname field is disabled for a USB location selection. The Hostname field is filtered by DB Programming to ensure only valid characters are entered. A number or letter must be entered as the starting character. The remaining characters can be any valid character for a hostname. The valid characters are described in the table below. If an invalid character is entered following the first character, an error message appears.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »
eia,

You will need to insert a USB drive in an open USB Port that will then become the U:\ drive for the system.

If you already have a USB drive on the system then the U:\ drive is already up and working.

Keep in mind that the older CS Controllers used a green USB Dongle that looks similar to a USB Drive, but this is used to license the system and should not be removed from the controller while it is running.

Also keep in mind that when the system saves to the USB Drive (U:\) it will delete anything it finds in that directory so it is best to specify a folder so you don't lose any other data on the drive. I typically use U:\Audiotex\ as my drive path so it that it creates an audiotex folder on the drive and puts the information in there.

Thanks,

TE

Offline eia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I attached a screenshot of our box, I do see the key you mention and also a couple of other usb connections. How can I ensure that USB - A is in fact the U: drive? I don't want to overwrite anything important, etc.
I stuck my usb key into USB - A but wanted to confirm with you before I pull the trigger. Is it possible for me to view the contents on my usb key now that it's plugged in somehow?
Thanks for your help!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:04:34 PM »
eia,

If it is the only USB Drive used on the system then it is the U:\ drive by default. There are USB Ports on the back of the system as well which is usually where I install them for our installations since it is only for technician use.

You have a CS Controller and the one you are showing is the USB Dongle. The USB-A port is for USB Drives and the USB-B Port is for system diagnostics.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10