Author Topic: InterTel Axxess - Red DAT ALM Light  (Read 2143 times)

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
InterTel Axxess - Red DAT ALM Light
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:36:18 AM »
Hello,

I've got an Axxess where one of the cards fell over and I've restarted the controller to get this back online. The card is now working as required, however on the CPC card there is now a red light next to DAT ALM.

How do I check what this is relating to? Is it anything to be concerned about?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: InterTel Axxess - Red DAT ALM Light
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
VoIP Guy,

You mean a BAT ALM, which stands for Battery Alarm. This comes on when the 3.6v on board battery needs to be replaced. It is what keeps the database backups in the onboard memory.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 04:15:13 AM »
VoIP Guy,

You mean a BAT ALM, which stands for Battery Alarm. This comes on when the 3.6v on board battery needs to be replaced. It is what keeps the database backups in the onboard memory.

Thanks,

TE

That's the one yes. Ahh right OK - is it just a case of being able to take one out of another system and replace it or have you got to swap the CPC card?

Thanks for your assistance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
BTW, if you have a the stand-alone CPU processor (a separate computer) this light being on is normal. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 09:46:30 AM »
VoIP Guy,

It is just a simple battery swap, but you will need to be prepared prior to doing it obviously. Make sure you create a current backup of the database on your laptop right before shutting down the system and pulling the card.

Also, Acejavelin is correct in that the light would have always been on if you have a CPS (Call Processing Server) attached to your CPC (Call Processing Card).

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:49 AM »
VoIP Guy,

It is just a simple battery swap, but you will need to be prepared prior to doing it obviously. Make sure you create a current backup of the database on your laptop right before shutting down the system and pulling the card.

Also, Acejavelin is correct in that the light would have always been on if you have a CPS (Call Processing Server) attached to your CPC (Call Processing Card).

Thanks,

TE

That's super! Thanks for your assistance on this. What's the battery in the system actually used for?

Thanks,
VoIP Guy.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 02:29:43 PM »
VoIP Guy,

It keep power to the chips and memory so that your time clock and database save that is stored there will still be there after a shutdown of the system.

Thanks,

TE

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 08:20:33 AM »
That's brilliant! Thanks so much - I best go and change it then.

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 12:20:44 PM »
VoIP Guy,

Thanks,

TE

One last question - when the battery is swapped over will the system be defaulted? If so how do I get back onto it to restore the backup?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »
It will likely be defaulted... You would connect via RS-232 at the factory default of 38.4k bps or the IP address of 192.168.200.201 and perform a database restore.

I have done this swap under power... remove a few cards to the left of the CPC/CPU and carefully remove the old battery and install the new one. Use extreme caution, this is the main card of the system so a short in the wrong place could cause, well, lets just say "unwanted" behavior. :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2017, 12:43:49 PM »
VoIP Guy,

I am going to make the assumption that you are not a certified technician at this point. If you are not then I would suggest that you allow a certified technician to perform the swap of the battery for a couple of reasons.

1. They will be able to determine if you really need to swap it out or not.
2. They would have the proper tools to resolve any issues that may come up.

I am not saying that you couldn't do it, but if anything major goes wrong then you are going to need more help than can be provided by the forums.

If you still want to do it yourself then there is a little window of opportunity where there is still a charge on the circuit after you take out the old battery and when you put in the new one. I typically would verify the charge on the current battery to determine if it is truly dead or not, but that is just me. Once you take the battery out you need to put the new one in immediately or the database could default on you. If that is the case then you will need to get into the system with either a serial cable or via the NIC. The default IP Address is 192.168.200.201/24, but you could also try using whatever is in there currently as well; as I said some odd things can happen.

Are you positive that you don't have a CPS on your site?

Thanks,

TE

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »
One other note, if an Axxess database is defaulted you will lose the license. Best to have the license file on hand just in case.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2017, 07:22:39 PM »
One other note, if an Axxess database is defaulted you will lose the license. Best to have the license file on hand just in case.
Oh, yeah... I forgot about that.

I am going to go back on what I said earlier and fall in behind Tech Electronics... this is something your vendor should probably handle.

Offline VoIP Guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2017, 04:32:54 AM »

I am going to go back on what I said earlier and fall in behind Tech Electronics... this is something your vendor should probably handle.

It's sounding that way. How do you go about getting the license file now days if you haven't got it to hand?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2017, 08:24:43 AM »

It's sounding that way. How do you go about getting the license file now days if you haven't got it to hand?
Your vendor can get it from Mitel, users cannot.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10