Author Topic: MSL install on HP Proliant DL20 Den9 servers  (Read 2383 times)

Offline JamesMiddleton

• View Profile
MSL install on HP Proliant DL20 Den9 servers
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:53:39 PM »
 I am trying to install a MSL 10.5.15.0.86.64 onto a HP ProLiant DL20 Gen9 server. According to the Hardware notes I need to boot the server in a Legacy boot mode; however when I make the changes in the Bios the server will not recognize any DVD or USB drives. I called HP and they will not work with me because they do not support or Recognized MSL. When I boot the MSL using the (Mitel not supported) UEFI (HP recommended) I get a prompt to add drives. At this point I am stuck, not sure what drivers I need to add?? I verified the DVD I am using is good because I can run a media on another server that works well. Any advice.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: MSL install on HP Proliant DL20 Den9 servers
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 07:25:39 PM »
I think the trick would be to tell HP that you're install CentOS, or Redhat or something other than MSL?

Ralph

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »
My quick look at the support doc didn't require the Legacy boot mode for that server. Might need it but that number wasn't listed as required

Offline Stillymanj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:28:39 AM »
Hi,

I have the same issue.. did you get this resolved?  I can only get the system to boot and install in the way Mitel have recommended NOT to do it!  There BIOS change to Legacy seems to break the install and it can't see the disk array.

I would really appreciate if you could let me know, as I am on day 2 of frustration with this now.

Many thanks,

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
Try to boot with usb key. Create bootable key with Hp applications (dont remember the name)

Offline TimLad

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »
Setup needs to be legacy bios and RAID disabled drives need to be set to SATA not ACHI you can get it to install with UEFI but it will never install properly or boot for that matter 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10