Author Topic: Show different DID number then rest of employees  (Read 1010 times)

Offline capt1nkeeb1er

• View Profile
Show different DID number then rest of employees
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
So I'm one of the I.T. guys for this company.  They put in a request and I'm not a 100% sure how I would implement this.

So currently their DID/ANI numbers show the main company number when the few sales associates are dialing out.

So when someone wants to be removed off their list they are calling the main line. They would like to have a totally separate number to show and have that number connect to an answering machine that says something like “Thank you for calling our company. If you would like to speak to a sales executive press 1. If you’d like to be removed from our call list press 2.”

If they press 1 it would go to a certain extension as usual and if they press 2 they would be prompted to leave their name and phone number to be removed from the dialer.

So I understand the DID and how to plug that into the phone system.  I'm just not sure how to assign the DID so when the few sales associates call out, they show a different number then everyone else. 

Also is it possible to set up a fake extension that allows you to record a message and after prompting them directs them to the correct users? 

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Show different DID number then rest of employees
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:30:52 AM »
Assuming you have PRI trunks or SIP trunks (won't work with Loop Start, of course), you can change the CALLING PARTY NUMBER in individual phone programming.  This is the number that will be sent as outbound caller ID.  BUT some carriers don't allow you to send different numbers, and other carriers turn this off by default.  Try changing the number, see what happens.  If it doesn't work, check with your carrier.  There's also a FORCE TRUNK GROUP CALLING PARTY NAME AND NUMBER in the trunk group, should be NO, and is NO by default.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Show different DID number then rest of employees
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:57:23 AM »
... Also is it possible to set up a fake extension that allows you to record a message and after prompting them directs them to the correct users? ...

Refer to your training notes regarding Call Routing Announcements.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10