Author Topic: Remote Username programming  (Read 973 times)

Offline magnus

• View Profile
Remote Username programming
« on: February 17, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
I have a customer with 6 systems all running as NODES over VPN tunnels. Versions 5.0-6.1

They want to change the username on a phone at a remote location.  I gave them instructions to do Programming Database(932) through the phone and that works on their node but not on an extension at a remote node.

Is there a way to do that?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Username programming
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:59:30 AM »
Programming changes must be done on the local node.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Setup a restricted admin account in each node, and give them the software would be the only way for them to manage everything from one location. Then they need to understand how it works, like import/export to other nodes or it won't matter... Now that I think about it, even if a remote site changes a name, how would other nodes know that?!?!

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:20:12 PM »
Sites should broadcast any name changes to all other sites.  You can program using the web interface, just create a user on each system (doesn't need a phone, and you could just use your regular programming username and pass, since that user is created automatically) and point your browser (IE only) to the phone system IP of the node the user resides on.  Clich the SYSTEM tab and USERS AND PHONES, choose PHONES, and edit is the pencil next to each name.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10