Author Topic: Phones returning to "press hold to send pin" after SCHEDULED REBOOT  (Read 1132 times)

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
Hello All!

I am working with a 56 site cluster, on which about 3900+ users are serviced...
Release 7.0 PR1, 13.0.0.83...

Here's the skinny,
A handful of phones (roughly 40-50) that have been recently added to the system are experiencing a strange occurance.
When the scheduled reboot (Wednesday evenings) happens, these 40 some phones do not talk to the Vmcd, and reacquire their pinned data. They just show "press hold to send pin". I have secondary elements set in each users programming, AND the client has IP helper setup to connect all of the sites together.
This issue just started recently...
Is there a glitch/bug that is known to cause this? Is there an actual threshold where the system gets weird with talking to the phones and the virtual? These phones are scattered among quite a few sites,  where the other phones at that site are having NO other issues.
Next stop calling Mitel, and getting some guidance, but would love for some insight prior,

Scratchin' my head, awaiting some guidance from you superstars!
Please advise if ya can,
Geno

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Phones returning to "press hold to send pin" after SCHEDULED REBOOT
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 04:30:50 PM »
I've seen this happen in the early days of the 3300.  No so much any more.
Here's what happened then:
The phone were getting an IP address that told them they were resilient to another controller.
The problem was they weren't resilient.
When the phones failed over the the resilient controller had no knowledge of them so the phones went to the registration screen.  Rebooting phones would recover it once the primary controller was on line.

Hope that gives you a place to start.  Check first to see if the phones are resilient.

Ralph

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 04:31:55 PM »
Is this a similar issue in the 5000?
Found the following:
dhumes0524,

The HTML application is downloaded from the Mitel 5000 under System > Phone-Related Information > Application Profiles. Application profiles gets its information from Applications under the same main folder of Phone-Related Information.

Every time the phone does a reboot it will load applications which it gets from the Mitel 5000. My suggestion is that it may have been corrupted and needs to be reset. This however is not a known problem so it is a guess on the solution based on your previous posting. If I were looking for the issue I would start with the system logs and see why the phone did a reset and then work my way back to, hopefully, a final solution. Since I do not have the ability to do that I have to work with the information provided which states that a reboot of the phone fixes the issue and the problem, as far as I know, does not reoccur after said reboot.

When your users are being disconnected from calls and then stating that they see the Applications loading screen that would tell me the phone either did a soft-reboot or a full reboot of itself; hence the disconnect. I have seen this issue several times and each time the problem was something entirely different and was never a wide spread issue; usually a single phone. I can think of nothing that would cause the issue from a simple reboot of the system and most likely the issue is a result from something else; which may have been initiated from the reboot, but not the reboot itself. Whether the issue is systemic in nature or just a simple issue of rebooting the phones it will be hard to tell without further information.

Typically when you have a wide spread issue you will need to look at common resources based on the issue at hand and figure out what could be causing it.

Thanks,

TE

Maybe this is similar on the 3300? I don't know exactly where to verify, and to "simulate" this trouble, I would have to reboot their vmcd and affect all 3900 sets. :(

Please advise,
Gene

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 04:33:17 PM »
Ralph!
Where can I look to check resiliency?
Under User and Services Conf...
They have a clustered "Secondary Element" that I have selected for failover.
the F1 "help tip" on this shows that this is the resiliency...
It looks built identical to the other users/sets on the same location.

This sounds about right when regarding the IPs...

Geno
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 04:36:53 PM by cpegeno »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:41:25 AM »
Now log into the resilient controller and see if you see it there.
If not, then your DB is out of sync.

Ralph

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
Is it safe to assume that you mean to check "Loc Ext XXXXX" where XXXXX= extension that has issue? on the resilient mcd/virtual etc...? :)
Thanks! Did a bunch of syncing, will have to wait for the client to reboot on sched Wednesday! Cheers, and Thanks!

Geno

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10